“Very Friendly”

Mercure Alice Springs Resort
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Alice Springs
Reviewed March 23, 2014

A beautiful clean and spacious room.
The front desk staff were extremely helpful and cheerful upon our arrival.
Room was clean and had everything we needed.
After a few days in a camper van it was nice to have a big shower and a big bed!

Room Tip: We upgraded to the best room, not sure of the name... extra $25 definitely worth it.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dean M
AssitantGMChifleyAS, Manager at Mercure Alice Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Hi Deanmanwaring001,

Thank you for your kind review of Chifley Alice Springs.

I am glad you had a relaxing stay after your camper van trip and pleased the reception team were helpful and cheerful during your stay.

Enjoy the rest of your travels and I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Scott Healey

Write a ReviewReviews (1,205)

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Stayed for two night in a River Gum Room. Very nice room with good bath/shower room.
Dinner menu varied and food was good but not great.
Breakfast buffet very good though with fresh fruit and a good selection of warm food on the buffet.
Checkout time is 10am which we found unrealistic as breakfast is served up to 10am - managed to get a free extension until 11.00 am though. All staff very polite and obliging despite a minor mix up with our booking details.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank justroving
AssitantGMChifleyAS, Manager at Mercure Alice Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2014

Hi Justroving,

Thank you for your review of Chifley Alice Springs and it sounds like you had a great stay with us.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your time in Australia and look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

It may sound like a phrase, but to me it was true: It was the staff, which made this place exceptional. Thanks again to you guys, especially to Leea and Scott. They saved my day - and my holiday - more than once.

The Chiefly is located very close to the city centre and has a good restaurant and a nice pool. Gliding into the pool after a day of exploring the outback have been my favourite moments of bliss. My room was big, comfortable, well equipped & spotless clean. I can definitely recommend the place and would love to stay there again.

Room Tip: There are some rooms in which the wifi signal is a bit weak. If you depend on a good and stable inte...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Axel D

Hi Axel,

Thank you for your review of Chifley Alice Springs and your kind words. I am pleased you had an enjoyable stay with us and glad you got to explore the town a bit.

I hope you enjoyed your camping trip around Kings Canyon and Uluru and if your travels ever bring you back to Alice Springs, I look forward to meeting you again.

Once again, thank you for your review and enjoy the rest of your time in Australia.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Great service. We were even complimentary upgraded to a room with twin beds as I was with my dad. Good location. Bathrooms could do with an upgrade and restaurant service was slow but Would stay again!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
AssitantGMChifleyAS, Manager at Mercure Alice Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2014

Hi Miss_K2008,

Thank you for your review of the Chifley Alice Springs.

I have passed on your comments to the kitchen about the slow service.

I am please you had an enjoyable stay with your Dad and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

This is the first time I have stayed at the Chifley, I found the room to be very comfortable and clean, a renovation would good, spacious and well equipped. The Barra on Todd restaurant served breakfast each day which had a good selection at the buffet, eggs could be ordered to suit ones taste.
The dinner at the restaurant was also of a good quality and reasonably priced for Alice Springs.
I will certainly stay there again

Stayed: March 2014
AssitantGMChifleyAS, Manager at Mercure Alice Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Hi Bernhardstauner,

Thank you for your kind review of Chifley Alice Springs.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your time with us and I hope you also had the opportunity to get out and enjoy the Red Centre.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

I stayed there on 9 mar 14. My luggage was taken to my room by the asst mgr. the next am when I went to pick it up, one wheel and corner was gone. I had to get an early bus to my next stop, and he said he would pay for a new suitcase. Unfortunately at Uluru there are no places to buy suitcases. The asset mgr then purchased one in Alice springs and is sending it I me via your bus in the am.
Received perfectly and am most 100% duplicate.

That is incredible service!

Oh by the way, the hotel is a 4.5 star as advertised!

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Jameswbutler
AssitantGMChifleyAS, Manager at Mercure Alice Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Dear Jameswbutler,

Thank you for your review of your stay at Chifley Alice Springs.

We apologise once again for the damage caused to your luggage but glad we could fix everything up for you.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit and I hope you enjoy the rest of your time in Australia.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

I had a ground floor corner room. No balcony but the room was very large and very clean. The Air Con worked fine for me, the showers were clean with toiletries and beds comfortable. There was a flat screen TV with an extra 3-5 cable channels, I think 5 were advertised in hotel paperwork, but I could only barely see 3 sports channels due to the fuzzy and hazy reception - Actually I could not see these channels either and Channel 7 also had reception problems. I left the Maintenance report next to the TV, but it was still there when I returned the next evening and the channels were still stuffed. The hotel is on a large area with what appears to be several style of units, both ground and first floor. On site parking available in the middle area of the complex although it appeared access could be obtained to the complex via the rear car park exit. There was coffee, mini bar, iron, room safe, etc with same day washing and dry cleaning available. Reception was open 24hrs a day, good sized pool and adjacent restaurant, with reasonable prices for Alice Springs. Town is about 1km away, across the bridge over the creek bed - which has apparently been cleaned up by the Police in recent years from people loitering around, which was a common problem anywhere you stayed in town. Reasonably priced, great staff and I would return. (Just fix the TV reception)

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank touring1111
AssitantGMChifleyAS, Manager at Mercure Alice Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Hi Greg105,

Thank you for your review of Chifley Alice Springs. I am pleased you had an enjoyable time with us and found the facilities and staff at the property of a high standard.

I apologise for the issues you experienced with your TV channels in your room. We have since completed a full room audit of our TVs following your review.

Once again, thank you for your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.