Mercure Alice Springs Resort
$106
$96
Crowne Plaza Alice Springs Lasseters(Alice Springs)(Great Value!)
$86
Aurora Alice Springs(Alice Springs)
$75
$65
Elkira Court Motel(Alice Springs)
$88
$73
Diplomat Alice Springs(Alice Springs)
$82
$79
Hotwire.com
Alice Motor Inn(Alice Springs)(Great Value!)
$56
$54
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Alice Springs(Alice Springs)(Great Value!)
$86
  • Pool
Quest Alice Springs(Alice Springs)(Great Value!)
$140
$132
Agoda.com
Alice in the Territory(Alice Springs)
$89
$87
Orbitz.com
1,284 results
All reviewstodd riverswim up barsuperior roombarramundishort walkclose to townbuffet breakfastno liftan upgraderoom was largegood sizemini bartwo double bedshotel restaurantfree wifilovely poolthe air conditioning
Reviewed December 1, 2012

We stayed two nights here on a good package that we found on the hotel's own web site (rather than via all the Trip Advisor pop up suggestions). It's literally a few minutes walk from the town centre across the Todd River that was dry when we were there. The room was large and the restaurant offered good priced food that we took advantage of. Breakfast was included in our package.

As a bonus the hotel offered free WiFi - a concept that Australia still seems to be getting its mind around!

Alice has many attractions in and around town that you really should see such as the Classroom of the Air, The Flying Doctor Museum, the Ghan Museum. Nearby is the amazing Alice Springs Desert Park and a short drive away are the MacDonnell Ranges and Simpson's Gap that is close. If you don't have a car then it's worth a 24 hour hire to get to see all these in one 'hit'. Thrifty has a centre in town and you should be able to get something reasonable for around £60 incl - cheaper than taxis.

Room Tip: First floor is better but be aware that there are no lifts.
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I arrived a bit early and my room wasn't ready. I was able to check-in then go off exploring for a while. So far so good. I got back and they couldn't find my reservation, then they said they'd given my room to someone else, then they said i was booked in for a week hence. This all took some time and it still wasn't sorted so i said I'd go and sit down while they fixed. They didn't do a thing until I went back to the desk. A bit more faffing around and I was given a room - an upgrade for the hassle. I think the cheaper rooms are in the centre of the complex. The room was very large, much larger than I needed .... and very noisy from passing traffic.
When I went to check out, they couldn't find my booking! More faffing around. I was asked if I was with a tour group - no, so paying myself, although I was waiting to start a tour. Here I made "my" mistake - I'd forgotten thet I'd pre-paid (most places not charging beforehand, just taking your creditcard details). They said they'd reduce the rate because of the hassles.
Later when I realised i'd paid twice and got home from the terrific tour I went on (3 cheers for Outback Spirit) I contacted Chifley - three emails before i got a response. I asked for a refund because I'd paid twice, told them the story of all the hassles I'd had, and suggested they should refund the original $184 rather than the $121 I'd paid on the spot. They refunded the $121. So I paid top dollar, got 'upgraded' to a noisy room, didn't get the reduction offered and had way too much hassle.
The pool looked good but i didn't use it.
I had dinner there. food was OK, nothing out of the ordinary, not cheap.
Breakfast was OK but I have seen better selections, especially for the cost of the place.
When staying in Alice, you'd have to be better off on the city side of the Todd.

Room Tip: Another location, on the other side of the Todd. At the Chifley, "not" fronting Stott Terrace
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank MobileEm
Reviewed November 26, 2012

The hotel is only five minutes walk from the centre of the town. Everything was spot on from the reception and check in to the room and restaurant. Like most Aussie hotels we experienced the communal areas did not do justice to the rooms so do not be put off by the hallways etc. Recommend the restaurant - great food and service

Reviewed November 24, 2012

This motel has nice colourful rooms and wonderful service. All the staff I met were really friendly and helpful. The restaurant was fantastic and even though some staff were inexperienced, they were very nice about it. I liked the inviting pool and the quiet location just a short walk to the town centre.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I booked over the phone to stay here 20/11/12 for one night. The lady I spoke on the fun was just fantastic. I told her last time I stayed here breakfast was inlcuded. She informed me that this deal had finished and as a result I was given an upgrade from a superior room to a deluxe. This is my second stay here and once again it was pleasant and the staff here are friendly and helpful. They make check in/out very easy and quick. The only issue I had was the Air Con seemed to take a long time to cool the room down. Not 100% sure if it was a mechnical or just due to the fact it was a very hot day and room had been closed up for a while. But apart from that it was great.

1  Thank KrisMick7268