“A very good experience”

Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Alice Springs
Dublin, Ireland
“A very good experience”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

This was a very good hotel .It was well priced,very close to the town centre.The staff were friendly and the rooms were clean with comfortable beds. I did'nt get a chance to try the restauraunt, but the menu looked very good.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Sale
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We just had 2 nights at the Chifley. One in a superior room and came back a week later and stayed in a delux room. We had the best nights sleep here. The beds are so comfortable - especially the delux room. We are light sleepers, so quiet rooms are bliss for us. Everything was just fantastic. It was like an oasis in the desert. The surrounding gardens were lovely and green. Palms were great. The restaurant Barra on the Todd was lovely. The food was excellent. Service was great. We got in late the 2nd night we stayed and the restaurant was full. They took down our room number and called us in our room when a table was free. Great service. We had the best experience and will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The delux rooms are fantastic. They have a bigger bathroom.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Traveling to Broome from Sydney we thought we would treat ourselves to some comfortable accommodation after a couple of long days on the road. Our requirements were a king bed, good shower and decent food; we were not disappointed.

Our room was spacious, clean and very comfortable. Bathroom products were of a good quality and very welcome, so too was the high pressure shower.

The swimming pool with swim up pool looked sooo inviting but unfortunately we arrived a little too late to use. Instead we had drinks beside the pool and then enjoyed a quality meal at the restaurant where variety of choice was not an issue and prices not too steep. Special acknowledgment to the lady maitre d, French female and male wait staff (both far haired). Their service was flawless on two very busy nights.

Our stay was a welcome couple of days out of the car and I would have rated them better if it were not for the second rate check in service we received and some front office staff not acknowledging guests when they walked through the door. Even a smile would have helped rather than the top of their heads. In saying this though the young girl who checked us out on the Friday night was fantastic.

If we ever travel back to East Coast via Alice Springs we will be sure to stay again.

• Stayed September 2012
Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at the Chiffley a few times in Alice springs, the rooms are always lovely and clean and all you need.

However on a recent stay I paid for buffet breakfast being $24 it was so understaffed we went in at 7:45 and there was not one clean table to sit on and not very busy, we had to clear our own table from dirty plates and it wasn't wiped down, and had to set our table, I expect to have a clean set table when paying for breakfast and at a resort, my mum asked for poached eggs when she got then she could not eat them as they still had water in them, the food is NOT up to scratch and worth the money. They need
To pick up there game.

Working in resort industry I would ussually go to a manager or
Supervisor to pass on my feedback however being so under staffed this was not possible.

However this is the only bad experience I have ever had, I had a
Wonderful girl called Tara check me
In who has a lovely positive personality and was professional.

• Stayed September 2012
Australia
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I stayed here for one night in August prior to walking the Larapinta Trail.

I didn't choose the Chifley - it was the hotel I was booked into as part of my Larapinta Trail package. In fact when I looked in Trip Advisor for a place to stay another night at the end of the Larapinta I chose the Crowne Plaza based on reviews. In hindsight I was happier with the Chifley than Crowne Plaza.

The room I had contained two double beds, it was clean and spacious. It had a small verandah but there was no view as such.

The service at reception was friendly, prompt and courteous. There was an issue with my initial room - a fuse seemed to have blown and power points and a light seemed not to be working. No problem, I was immediately and courteously given another room rather than wait for someone to fix the fault.

The general layout of the grounds was pleasant and tody.

Food in the restaurant in the evening was fine and with a good wine list. Not overly exciting food but fine. Breakfast was a bit above average in terms of its offerrings.

A BIG bonus with this hotel over places like the Crowne and the Casion is its proximity to town. It really is an easy 5 minute walk. To get to town from the Crowne or Casino is a stiff 15 minute walk (and I am a long distance walker) or abouyt a $7-8 cab ride.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank JeremyPaul99
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We stayed at the Chifley on 2 separate nights and were very happy with both the rooms, restaurant and service. We requested a quiet room and were given a complimentary upgrade to the deluxe room which was just lovely - clean , spacious and comfortable, with a balcony overlooking the river. The hotel restaurant (Barra on Todd), whilst obviously not the cheapest in town, was very good . The food was excellent and the portions very generous - even for us hungry hikers! I'd recommend the barramundi, it comes prepared in a dozen different ways and doesn't have the " watery" taste that barra can sometimes have.
The ladies on recepion ( Tara and Ange) were also very helpful with any enquiries we made.

Room Tip: Try and get a room away from the highway, it can be noisy.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
ChifleyASP, Sales and Marketing Manager at Chifley Alice Springs Resort, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Dear mlidums1,
Thank you so much for your feedback! We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at the Chifley Alice Springs Resort, and are so pleased that it was such a positive one.

The signature barramundi dishes at our Barra on Todd Restaurant are always popular with guests and locals alike, and we’re delighted that you enjoyed your selection!

We look forward to having you with us again when you are next in Alice Springs, and wish you safe and happy travels.

Best regards,
Mel
Yulara, Australia
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel a few times as I come into Alice every now and then,I was greeted by Tara upon arrival at the Hotel very professional and an asset to this establishment.
I have stayed in the superior rooms previously which are fantastic huge rooms and kings beds but this time I decided to treat myself and stay in the deluxe room instead, the rooms are massive,king beds, balcony overlooking the Todd river & a bath as well.
That night we had dinner at the "Barra on Todd" restaurant which is part of the Hotel the barramundi was just incredible try the "Mustard Parmesan Barra" it has so much flavour and a credit to the chef.Hanna provided beautiful service while dining there.
Out of all the places I have stayed in Alice this is the best and most affordable the staff are incredible and welcoming and it is close to all facilities and town.
The Manager of the hotel must very proud to be running a hotel like this and with the staff they have employed here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank grara34
Dear grara34,
Many thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback – and such wonderful feedback, at that! We are truly delighted that you have enjoyed so many aspects of your experience with us.

We highly value our excellent staff, who are committed to providing a high standard of service and hospitality for our guests... I have shared your generous comments with those you have mentioned, as well. Our chefs are delighted to know how much you enjoyed one of their signature barramundi dishes!

We look forward to welcoming you again when you are next in Alice Springs!

Warmest regards,