“Great full day tour from Alice to Uluru and Kata Tjuta”

Emu Run Experience - Day Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$96.05*
and up
West MacDonnell Ranges Day Trip from Alice Springs
More attraction details
Owner description: Based in Alice Springs, Emu Run Experience specialises in tours to Uluru (Ayers Rock), Kata Tjuta (Olgas), Kings Canyon (Watarrka) and the West MacDonnell Ranges. Our professional tour guides love the outback and have a great sense of humour to give you a relaxed, yet exciting touring experience of the amazing Red Centre of Australia. Our tours are the best around and include all park entry fees, healthy food and drink, and sparkling wine for all trips to Uluru! The experience of a lifetime awaits you!
Hampshire, UK
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Great full day tour from Alice to Uluru and Kata Tjuta”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

We did the one day trip which started with a 6.00am pickup and gone midnight return, so a very full day - which is necessary to get the most of a visit to these iconic places. Breakfast, lunch and dinner was included, along with a few snacks, and you will be ready for them on this day trip! The trip to Ularu takes about 5 hours each way, so there is a long time on the coach, but it is comfortable and stops mid way for a stretch / toilet / coffee break, and there was a toilet on the coach if needed. My wife requested a gluten-free meal and she was really indeed with her lunch, so no need to worry if you have any special dietary needs. Both Kata Tjuta and Uluru are awesome places and well worth visiting, and we had about an hour at Kata Tjuta and about two hours at Uluru, not including dinner, which was a simple but tasty BBQ overlooking Uluru at sunset with plenty of sparkling wine / red wine / fruit juice included. On our visit the sunset became a lightning storm, which was pretty spectacular. Then off as soon as the sun had set for the long drive back. Our only suggestion would be to cut down the time spent on coffee / toilet stops to allow more time in the very interesting cultural centre, as we only had enough time to look at half of what was there. There were two drivers / guides sharing the driving and guiding, and both were knowledgable and fun and overall it was a great day. Park entry fees are included in the trip cost.

4 Thank ImATravelJunkie

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Montreal, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Don't miss out!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

We did a month tour of Australia, and this was our favourite part. You don't see Australia if you don't see the interior and this 3 day tour is great to see several of their attractions. You really do get a taste for the outback as you camp out for 2 nights, and under the stars. We really got to meet people from all over the world, of all ages, and our tour guide Tash was energetic, informative and a great leader. Please don't miss out on this great experience! We have done many tours and this one is quality =)

2 Thank Evelyn04
Cheshire, Connecticut
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Prepared for Everything!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

I signed up for the three day/two night tour. (There are also day tours.)
We started out early the first day for the (long) ride to Uluru, the famous aboriginal attraction. Some stops along the way to gather firewood for the evening and also to purchase food if you;d like (although the tour supplied plenty.) There was even an opportunity to take a camel ride, if you so chose.

Arrived at Uluru with plenty of time to photograph the stunning sunset. Then to campsite where dinner was served and swags (Australian sleeping bags) were unrolled. Toilets and hot showers available. Up next morning at *4AM* to photograph beautiful sunrise. Then a walk around the base of Uluru and a tour of the historic center.

My experience then varies from the norm, but shows just how well prepared staff at Emu Tours is. While hiking high up in the Valley of the Winds, I sustained an ankle fracture, and needed emergency evacuation out of national park. Our guide, Hugh, never lost his cool, arranging for my evacuation while also ensuring a good experience for others.

I ended up hospitalized, but Emu did not forget me. Hugh visited me twice while I was hospitalized; I felt that I was more than a customer.

Definitely use this company; you will receive an excellent tour of the outback knowing that the staff is ready for any emergency. I could not be more happy with them.

Visited October 2013
3 Thank lovetotravel1018
Renesse, The Netherlands
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 128 helpful votes
“West MacDonnell day trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

It was a great day out to the West MacDonnell range. We started around 8am and returned about 9 hours later and there were 9 persons in our group which was a nice group size. Various locations were visited and they are all great in their own way with amazing sceneries. Guide John was very informative along the way and at the locations and had many good stories to share. The coffee/tea stops and the lunch were good breaks to escape the heat for a while and the whole day was very well organized and timed. You can easily visit all the locations on your own but then you will miss the convenience of the vehicle driven by someone else and the information provided by the guide. The trip was for me the highlight of my stay in Alice Springs and was without doubt a 5 star trip. I was happy that I had scheduled a stay of 3 nights in AS as upon arrival I got the information that my trip was cancelled by Emu Run and reason given was emergency case of driver and no other driver available. I could at least do the trip a day later but it was very annoying to find out later that the trip was only cancelled due to not enough participants in this low season, which gave a very bitter taste; it looks that making profit is more important than accommodating guests who are coming from all over the world for a once in a lifetime visit to this remote place. Trip is highly recommended as you will see the most beautiful places of the West MacDonnell range, but make sure that you will not be cancelled last minute!

2 Thank amvg2015
Los Angeles
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Tiring but worth it!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

Mike and Mark took us on a unique and memorable bus ride. They are the real thing. Well worth the money. You get a real sense for the site and its history. Buy a fly net first or ask if they have one on the bus for sale.

2 Thank mondotraveler
emu255063, Owner at Emu Run Experience - Day Tours, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
G'day Mondotraveler,

Thank you for your great review, it is a long day but thankfully we have very comfortable coaches so you have a sleep on the trip home( I recommend to bring a travel pillow).

Fly nets are a must year around, we sell the big flynets for $6 at our office and the drivers carry a few also.

Thank you again for the feedback, it is much appreciate by the Emu Run Team.

Safe Travels