“Beautiful Barra”

Barra on Todd Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: Contemporary, International, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, the restaurant has established a reputation for quality food and friendly service within a picturesque natural setting. Guests enjoy a distinctive array of cuisine including local bush flavours and a select wine list.
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Try the Barra it is prepared beautifully the whole menu looks amazing I wanted to try desert but was to full from entrees and Mains, the service here is impeccable.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

I had dinner here that was far better than any barra ive had in darwin, although the buffet breakfast was disgusting and over priced

Reviewed August 11, 2012

As a guest of the hotel I showed up as a single diner. I made a reservation as they were 'full' (with 3 tables empty and that stayed empty for the rest of the night) was told 45 mins to come back so I waited in the Lobby Bar. The lovely Host came to the lobby bar and guided me to my seat, sat me down and asked me if i would like any wine i said no and then she advised that the waitress will be along shortly. I sat for 20 minutes awaiting the waitress 'Anna', finally she came up and asked the same question that the host asked about the wine i said no, i ordered 3 courses and a beverage, the beverage took some time, but was well worth it in the end. My entree arrived pumpkin soup so delicious the embarrassing part was that the bread has been placed in the middle of the soup ultimately becoming soggy it was already embarrassing enough being a sole diner around 4 tables of large groups but to have to try and eat my soup with soggy bread totally not cool. But saying that the soup was delicious and well worth it, the waitress removed my plate quickly then dissapeared, 15 mins later a waiter arrives with a desert said 'creme brule'? and i said no then he was like your still waiting for your mains arent you and im like yes. 10 more mins later my main arrived chargrilled barramundi absolutely amazing, then i needed to find out where the bathrooms were i tried getting some attention from the waitress to ask but it was like i wasnt there. I finished my drink and After so many attempts she was zooming past and i asked she points and says that way, i get up and find it myself. I come back finish my meal and notice my empty glass was still there many minutes later the waitress comes over and asks do i need another drink i replied no ( why would i if i never was even treated like i was worth her time). She then asks would i like my desert now and i said give it time i just finished my main, a couple of mins later she comes back and says would you like it now?i said why not. Out comes my desert panacotta yummmmmm... then i was left alone. Throughout the whole service i never was asked how my meal was, the waitress never even took the time to interact and make it less awkward because i was the only one with a single table within a massive bunch of groups It was like i wasnt worth there time and my money wasnt worth the service i was expecting via paying. They could have moved me to where i could look at the pool instead of a wall and the group tables. They could have asked how my meals were, they could have apologised about the waits, could have taken notice to see i was running out of drink to even offer one then, or even could have been interested in caring about there customers. I would compare her service to that i would get a fast food takeaway in out thanks for the money we dont care about you. With saying that the food was impeccable and totally worth the money I had payed, but service lacked so much that made my experience average and would i return no soley on there service. (not what i expected especially after seeing there ads on tv so many times.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

We have been to this restaurant many times. Their food has improved greatly as well as their service. They do lunches and in summer you can use the pool right next to the restaurant when you buy a meal. Great service.

Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

I have dined here quite a few times and I don't think I have had ever had a bad meal.
I had the stuffed chicken which was great. I also had a entree which I was extremely full after that.
The restaurant was full. Do make a booking so you won't be disappointed.