“Great friendly service”

Carlyle Suites & Apartments
Ranked #10 of 30 Hotels in Wagga Wagga
“Great friendly service”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Booked in for 3 nights whilst visiting family. Rooms weren't quite as modern as I expected but they were very clean and spacious. Had a problem the first night with the air con and staff were excellent wanting to assist as much as possible. Very close to everything - Coles, Myer, art gallery etc which is a bonus, you could park the car at the hotel and walk. Had some noisy neighbours partying one night which was a shame - don't understand that if you aren't fully booked why not put a vacant room between customers in case of noise? Didn't go much on the feather pillows but that's a personal preference, bed was very comfortable otherwise. Overall very clean, great service and excellent location.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed here on business. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality and spaciousness of my room. It was equivalent to any 4/5 star hotel in capital city. The location is also excellent and the manager was very helpful and courteous. Breakfast availability (7,30 am) was too late for an early riser and of course, if you want to start the day with an early espressos, forget it. You won't even finds a coffee shop open early, but I guess that's country life. Otherwise, excellent.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Rang up and booked a room before we left Port Augusta reception closes at 8 so informed them that we would be late and the key was left in the night safe which was great. Sadly breakfast has to be handed in before 7pm so we missed out on that. It was a very clean room with good space and a nice clean bathroom and nice hot shower.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We rang late while on the road and the staff were fabulous. We had a large car and we were towing a trailer but they still welcomed us and moved cars around to fit us in. The room was very nice and great value for money. The room was clean and new and so comfortable. Wish we could have stayed here longer but will certainly return. Thank you for a lovely place to lay our heads at such late notice.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stayed in these apartments while in Wagga Wagga for business & leisure. We realised we would be arriving late & rang to see what could be done as reception would be closed by the time we arrived.No problems, keys were arranged & arrangements made for if we had any concerns.
There was a separate desk area with Wi Fi connections for my husband to spread out his work. The apartment was fully equip & very comfortable. We didn't cook while there but there were plenty of cafe's & restaurants within close walking distance.
The staff were very helpful & pleasant & the Wagga information centre was nearby if needed.
Would definitely stay here again when in Wagga.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Lane Cove
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I stayed here for about three or four months while working on Wagga's airport. My days were long and my hours odd and most weekends I would fly home. The appartment was my home away from home. The staff understood this and gave me the freedom and privacy needed for long stays. They did everything they could to make my stay really comfortable. Some weekends I would check out others I would keep everthing and just fly back (I was in Wagga for over one year for work). They understood that while for them it was their room for me it was a second home and let me treat it accordingly.

The services appartments are very well appointed giving the freedom to cook for yourself with a modern kitchen including a dish washer or just eat out. They are serviced everyday making them alway clean and tidy(no empty pizza boxes building up). The spa is a bit of a treat as with the large TV and the second TV in the bedroom.

The location is absolutely central to Wagga with walking distance to to everything with the Myer carpark behind it, Coles supermarket on the next block and the main street a
minute walk. For a business traveller tis is an ideal location.

The possums that liked fruit on my private balcony and ate out of my hand were quite fun too. All said there is nowhere in Wagga I would rather stay.

Room Tip: Try the Spa suite it is worth it
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank B John B
Reviewed March 16, 2013

The Carlyle is a superior motel with large rooms. My room had a double and a single bed. i tried the double, which was very comfortable. The motel is located fairly centrally, although a car would be necessary. The staff were all friendly and went out of their way to be helpful. I was surprised it did not have a pool, although the council pool is a short walk away.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business