“Excellent”

Mercure Wagga Wagga
Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels in Wagga Wagga
“Excellent”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Spent 3 nights in the Wagga Mecure with my son for school sporting trip. Reservation people were excellent with their phone and email response with my initial queries. We stayed in a family apartment which included kitchen facilities with a full size fridge. Rooms were clean and serviced daily. Ample parking at door. Common area, coin operated laundry (washers and dryers) was also very handy for washing footy gear. Did not eat in the restaurant as we had our own breakfast items and tended to eat out in town. Close to the centre of town and local sporting fields. Happy to stay at this facility again in the future.

Room Tip: Family room was excellent with full size fridge and top door freezer
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Luke K, Manager at Mercure Wagga Wagga, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear RussellJ1807,

Thank you for taking the time to review Mercure Wagga Wagga on Tripadvisor and I do hope that your team won the footy competition. The family apartments are perfect when staying for a number of nights with the full kitchen. Only a 5 minute walk from the main street so it is perfect for having a look around. Next time you can try our great restaurant.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we look forward to having you stay in Wagga for the next footy completion or just a holiday.

Luke

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Kawana, Australia
Reviewed June 9, 2014

My husband & myself stayed @ the Mercure for 3 nights as our daughter was marching out @ Kapooka. First impressions of the room were very positive. Comfortable bed, acutally our room had one queen size bed & a single bed,great water pressure in shower,very quiet & air cond worked good as it was very cold at night @ Wagga. I am very fussy with hotels but couldn't fault this hotel.Staff were pleasant too.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Thommo1960
Luke K, Manager at Mercure Wagga Wagga, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear Thommo1960,

Thank you for taking the time to review Mercure Wagga Wagga on Tripadvisor. That’s great to hear you ejoyed your time here in Wagga for your daughter’s marching out.
The beds are a deep latex pillow top and guest’s feedback is great in relation to the sleep they have had.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Mercure Wagga Wagga on your next visit.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

After spending the best part of half a day looking for accomodation around Wagga Wagga NSW, I walked into the Mercure Hotel, These guys had nothing to offer as they were booked out, the reception staff went and spoke to their manager to see if there was anything they could do, after about 5 minutes and some juggling around they offered me a three bed appartment at no extra cost, this was someything that they did not have to do and was something I have not been offered or encountered in a very long time, Good old fashioned service. This was the beginning of a great experience with this Hotel, the staff were some of the best I have come across in a long time, helpfull, polite and very friendly, the food quality was outstanding and the serviced Matched. I would like to say a special thank you to Tammy, Jemma and Luke
This is the first time I have ever written on one of these sites but felt that the hotel was worthy of a mention, I travel for work so I stay in many hotels so well done guys fatastic job, I will see you next month. Mark from Tennant Australia

Room Tip: all rooms and services are great the lay is fine any room would be fine and if you have a family the...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank mark_lombardi
Luke K, Manager at Mercure Wagga Wagga, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear mark_lombardi,

Thank you for taking the time to review Mercure Wagga Wagga on Tripadvisor. It’s really great that we could assist you and we very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Wagga Wagga. It is always a pleasure to receive the positive feedback.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

I stay at this hotel for business every time I'm in Wagga. The room is really nice and clean, very comfortable bed. Would be great if they had Foxtel available in the room. The only negative is the food. I have ordered room service several times and the food was terrible time after time. Also the menu is missing some standard items like Burger or Steak sandwich. Breakfast is ok but nothing major just average. Really need to improve the quality of the food and also change your menu!!!

• Stayed June 2014
Luke K, Manager at Mercure Wagga Wagga, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear Alex D,

Thank you for taking the time to review Mercure Wagga Wagga on Tripadvisor.
It’s great to hear you select to stay here each time you are in Wagga for business. Foxtel is available in all of our guest rooms and includes a range of sports, news, and general entertainment channels; this is in addition to the full array of free-to-air digital channels. If guests are having any difficulty at any time, we urge them to contact our Front Desk team who are most willing to provide assistance.

It is disappointing to read that you have not enjoyed your room service experiences and I do appreciate your feedback to incorporate more snack options into our room service options.

I will share your comments with the team as the feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services and product. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Mercure Wagga Wagga on your next visit.

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

After a terrible week away it was so nice to step back into a hotel that knows what customer service is, rooms fantastic as always, service great. Comp room upgrade for myself and fellow travellers just topped our night off! Meal was great and service outstanding! Thank you for a great stay

• Stayed May 2014
Luke K, Manager at Mercure Wagga Wagga, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear Nathan M,

Thank you for taking the time to review Mercure Wagga Wagga on Tripadvisor. It’s very pleasing to hear you enjoyed your stay and we made your week. I will share your comments with the team as the feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services and product. It’s great to hear you enjoyed the renovations and room upgrade. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Mercure Wagga Wagga on your next visit.

Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

I booked and stayed at the Mercure Wagga as part of a sporting team having to overnight in Wagga. I dealt with Tammy from the time I got a quote through to when we checked out. Great service, and nothing was a problem. We stayed here a couple of years ago as a team and in that time renovations to the rooms have been done which are great and very modern. The pillowtop beds were absolutely amazing!! The hotel is in a good location too, within walking distance of Woolies and a little shopping centre, would definitely recommend.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Luke K, Manager at Mercure Wagga Wagga, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
Dear kezmatthews,

Thank you for taking the time to review Mercure Wagga Wagga on Tripadvisor. It’s very pleasing to hear you enjoyed your stay at the hotel for your sporting event. With the size, location and facilities at the hotel we cater for a lot of sporting teams. I will share your comments with Tammy and the team as the feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services and product.
It’s great to hear you enjoyed the renovations and especially the deep latex pillow top beds. Thank you again for the recommendation, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Mercure Wagga Wagga on your next sporting event.