“Mr”

Ranked #8 of 10 Wagga Wagga B&B and Inns
Narrandera
“Mr”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

My husband and I made a booking for one night. We were greeted by Tanya who really went out of her way to make us feel at home. The atmosphere, furniture, and all round presentation was first class. We stayed in Annies Room, a truly beautifully appointed room with all furniture and appointments of the early 1900s. The four poster queen bed was extremely comfortable and the bath and shower really tidy. Whilst we did not stay for breakfast others who were staying there gave it a big recommendation. Tanyas courtesy and extremely friendly approach made us feel right at home. We will most certainly return. In fact were are booking two nights for our son and daughter in law because we know they will be over the moon with this gift. Beth

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

The rooms are part fantasy and wholly practical with all amenities and extra details like an historical radio that still works. All dark wood and tile - the place is filled with old photos and amenities like a fridge in your room that is woodlined to look discreet.

Breakfast was sumptuous and the staff warm.

A peaceful delight.

Room Tip: Go for a larger room if you can afford a little extra.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Maryborough, Queensland, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

Stayed in Wagga for friends wedding at the Manor. Host was nice, let us in early to the room asked us when we would like breakfast the next morning, 7.30am it was decided. Good aircon, bed very comfortable, bathroom nice. Next morning went in to the dining room at 7.30 no one around waited until 8.30 and no one turned up!!! Was very annoyed about this. Only street parking no offstreet parking. Do run a restaurant and this can mean noise for guests but we had luckily been moved to a different room so we were separated from a large group staying, which means we did have a very quiet evening. Beware there are lots of stairs so you will have to lug your bags your self. Final note got an email 1 day later apologising that they had forgotten to provide us with breakfast and were crediting us $55 against our accommodation costs. This did help appease our bad feelings.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SonicRose
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

Well what a night! Having now read the reviews of the manor on your website at 1230am, I wish I would have googled it prior to check-in. The house itself is lovely to look at. However we were advised on checking in there would be an afternoon wedding in the restaurant downstairs but it wouldn't go late as the hotelier locks up at 10pm. What a farce, it was like attempting to sleep in the middle of a dance floor. After reading the proprietors previous responses I was going to make a point of raising the issue prior to checking out. On leaving the proprietor was no where to be seen, ask to speak to her and you are left to deal with a poor staffer. Walked away disappointed, our concerns were not addressed but she wasn't concerned as she got her money.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank Dudsa
Goulburn, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

The Manor B&B is the best I have stayed in. I travel frequently for work and usually stay in a generic hotel. I am so glad I didn’t this week from the moment I arrived I felt at home. Imogen is an angel, everything I was after she had the answer (a good running circuit, nice food, a gym without footy heads). I stayed for a week and enjoyed a wonderful breakfast on the veranda overlooking the Park most mornings. I have read in other reviews people have had issues with the heating, the room I stayed in had central heating and a separate split system in my room so Imogen turned off the central in my room and I could control the temperature as I liked. I recommend this to anyone travelling to Wagga Wagga.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank James E
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

We pass through Wagga every few months to Visit our family in Orangeanf also to have dinner at “II Corso Italian Restaurant” on the main street so to find a B&B in Wagga we could not wait, HOWEVER..............
The building itself is very lovely,
After 30 mins on ringing the door bell and calling the local number we had to make a call to a mobile and then 5 mins later, there was a lady at the door, no sorry to have kept you nothing, just Hi and we followed the lady to the room I was surprised at how steep and narrow the staircase is. room was cosy. No problem with the heating s it was about 30 Deg in the room and as it was Central heating and would be turned off at 10.30pm, we had no option but to open all windows to cool the room down. 10 mins there was a knock at the door, same lady who showed us in ( sorry but she never mentioned her name) to apologise for keeping us at the door and said she had not heard it, (however we heard the phone ringing constantly). When my husband asked what we were to do with the breakfast menu which was on the bedside table, that once it was filled out to put on the desk at the top of the stairs and that she will have to get up and cook it. I did not have a good feeling about this. If I had not already paid for the room I would have walked out at this point as this was not a B&B we were staying at it, was more like we were invading.
Downstairs has a restaurant or/& a Bar, However we were not asked if we wanted to make a reservation or confirmed what it was, just very noisy.
Place needs a good clean I was appalled by finding the last guests, or maybe the guest prior’s clothes under the bed.
I was shocked with the breakfast to tick a croissant with jam and butter, you would expect to get each of the items individual not cut in half toasted with a thick layer of margarine and Jam.My husband had the pancake enjoyed it and I must say very good for a packet recipe very large and fluffy. We also ordered the “fluffy Scrambled eggs” We were served huge serving would have to have been about 5 eggs scrambled which were like rubber and I would not be suspired if they were done in the microwave ( FYI they take the same amount of time in a frying pan) cold toast and yes buttered or should I say already with MARAGRINE.
Location was perfect.
Seriously for $125 per night I expected more, we have stayed in many B & B’s in Australia and around the world and very unimpressed, they need to read the perfect B&B or THE
PROFESSIONAL BED & BREAKFAST COURSE

It was my fault I should have come to this website prior to booking however I have learnt.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CraigSharon
Cobram, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

The building itself is very lovely but I was surprised at how steep and narrow the staircase is. No downstairs rooms. The downstairs has a restaurant and a bar. The owner had the fire in the living area going the first night but after that, nadda. This was surprising as it was cold. We had two rooms, on our day of departure we informed the owner that we were waiting for a lift and may be an hour or so late leaving. She said that was fine but could I move my things out of my room as the cleaners were there. No problems, moved my bags into the other room. She charged BOTH OF US for an additional day despite us only being there no more than two hours after the 10am check out. When I questioned this, she said, 'that's just the way it is'. The rooms weren't cheap. She asked us to turn the heating off when we went to bed despite it being the middle of winter as they were 'expensive'. Breakfast was included and was nice enough. I would NOT recommend this for a business trip but book the larger room for a romantic weekend as it has a fireplace in it. The owner was using this room while I was there but let me look inside.

Room Tip: If you are going for business, stay at the Quest. It's at the north end of the town but walking...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Armaminta
ImogenManor, Manager at The Manor, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
It is in no way our policy to charge our valued guests an additional nights accommodation for simply storing their luggage at our property - this has never been the case.

Further, we have ducted gas heating to every room in addition we also have electric remote controlled heating together with electric blankets for your comfort provided in each room.

It is with disappointment I read your comments & regret that your concerns were not make clear before your departure.