“Not for those who want to sleep!”
Review of The Manor

The Manor
The Manor
Ranked #8 of 10 Wagga Wagga B&B and Inns
Hobart, Australia
“Not for those who want to sleep!”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Completely agree wtith fungooley_ruley

I booked for three nights, but found alternate accommodation due to a room that was to small to swing a cat in and noise which carries through the builidng. You can also hear occupants of other rooms. If there are people in the restaurant below or a function which was the case, it is very difficult to sleep. This was not a good experience at all. The whole idea of accommodation is to have somewhere to "sleep". The builiding also smells musty and could really use a good dusting.

Room Tip: Try somewher else.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank linda c
ImogenManor, Owner at The Manor, responded to this review, June 17, 2012
It is regrettable that this experience was not an enjoyable one however guest did not give management an opportunity to rectify the situation in anyway. Guest left without paying for the accommodation in which she stayed and management continues to seek payment at this point in time.
We appreciate the feedback in relation to sleep quality and will take steps to improve guest sleep quality.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Perth, Australia
Reviewed June 9, 2012

I had booked two rooms at this establishment, one being for my elderly mother, through the wotif.com booking website so I had to pay for it up front. When we arrived at the property I went inside and immediately found that the stairs up to the rooms are very steep and would be very hard for my mother to negotiate. I was shown the rooms that we were going to have and can support a previous reviewer's comments that there was way too much going on in them furniture wise. Also, to access one of the rooms we would have had to walk through some sort of area that was like a messy little office and the bathroom for that room did not have a door leading into it from the bedroom you had to walk out into a hallway to get to it. When I explained my concern about my mother having to negotiate the steep stairs I was told that my concerns were fully understood and if I decided we didn't want to take the rooms she would only charge me for one of them due to the late cancellation. I would need to arrange the refund for the one room through wotif.com. When I tried to do so I was informed that the property manager was now going back on her word to charge for the one room and wanted the money for both rooms as a cancellation penalty.

It is important to know these sorts of experiences because booking your accommodation is not just about the actual stay or the way rooms present it is about the overall experience you have had.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
ImogenManor, Manager at The Manor, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
It is with much regret that I have been made aware that you found your experience with The Manor to be of a negative nature. We do have a 24 Hour cancellation policy and providing a reservation cancellation upon arrival (which occured in your case) is in breach of this policy - especially over a busy weekend period. I would like to make note that you booked through the Wotif group who are a booking agent and handle all paperwork for your particular reservation and they alone needed to be contacted to cancel you reservation. I appreciate your personal circumstances and apologise that your concerns were not dealt with to your satisfaction and a positive outcome could not be reached in this instance.
I thank-you for your feedback in relation to this matter and our policy in relation to the cancellation of Wotif bookings is being reviewed.
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed April 17, 2012

We stopped here on our way back from Adelaide. We have usually stayed at one of the motels on the highway, but decided to stay somewhere different as we were not in any particular hurry.
We looked The Manor up on the mobile, and it looked beautiful, four poster beds, lovely building etc...but as you all know the photos on line can be misleading or downright fraud. So we went to have a look before taking the room, and if anything they are better than the photos.
The owner is a lovely young woman, who was helpful, friendly and welcoming. I might add that we got the last room, so in future I would book on line.
The tariff is very reasonable for Wagga and breakfast is included, prepared to your request. The room was exceptionally clean and beautifully presented and some of the rooms are exceptionally luxurious...we had a peek next morning :-)
All rooms have ensuite facilities, fridges and TVs.
This is a top of the line accomodation choice, I would recommend it to anyone, couples, corporate or just passing through.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Tery
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 25, 2012

I was only in Wagga for a day for a business meeting. And not by design, I stayed at The Manor. Well! It was THE most memorable part about my first ever visit to Wagga! The host was simply gracious and amazing. It was bad enough that I was really late. But she bumped me up to the huge room with the even huge-er spa! Completely wasted on only moi. But I will make sure my next visit will be at The Manor. Breakfast was also just fantastic. I didn't even need lunch that day. It was that good.

Room Tip: Just inquire with the host/owner. She seems to me like someone who was born with the hospitality DNA...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank ChiangLim
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 28, 2012

We can not say enough about our recent stay at The Manor we were impressed from the minute we entered this stunning heritage building. We stayed in the King spa suite and the room was honestly huge with a roomy spa in a private ensuite. The King size antique bed was super comfortable and we were simply impressed all around with the quality of this room.

We highly recommend enjoyed a champagne out on the balcony overlooking the central parklands at sunset! Service was professional and we will come back next time we are visiting family.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a spa mention if you are travelling for a special occasion.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Gypsey_Travellers
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 21, 2011

I stayed here on business for 1 night.
The owners were lovely, very caring & willing to assist.
The house is magnificent, full of antiques & interesting bits & pieces.
My room was small, but had all that I needed.
Lots of little extras...cotton buds & fly spray in each room!!
Bed very comfy, Bathroom good. Shower pressure excellent.
Breakfast was tasty, & was even more enjoyable out on the balcony, which offered great views of the city gardens across the road.
There was plenty of car parking on site, as there are only 6 rooms on premise.
Overall, a great place to stay, would definitely return when next in Wagga.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms down the back of the house, as noise does travel easily up the front.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Bubbles-in-Oz
Victoria, Australia
Reviewed October 16, 2011

The bad:
Not told check-out time or internet password on arrival. Each time we passed reception there was nobody there to ask. All the doors of each room are very close together, and the reception desk and main stairwell are right outside - noise travels very easily. Woken up early due to owners and others talking right outside our door. Private parking was full - a whole 3 cars fit, so we had to part street-side. No in-house movies as listed. King bed is not a canopy bed. "Full kitchen" is not even close, you get a small fridge and a kettle. Extreme lack of power points throughout room, had to unplug kettle and various lights just to charge phones/laptops. Air conditioner light is very, very bright. You won't be able to sleep with it turned on.

The good:
Room was very large and nice looking. Bed very comfy. Spa just the right size for two people.

Overall, I will not stay here again unless the price drops. At $200 a night this place was definitely not worth it.

Room Tip: All the rooms have doors right next to reception and the stair-case - if you want a sleep in or a &q...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple