“AVOID AT ALL COSTS !!!”

Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: The Rocks
Reviewed February 23, 2019 via mobile

If you want to risk your life dealing with Dodgy security , stay well away !!! Had the most notorious reputation in Sydney for trouble . Staff are extremely rude and I would border on profiling . Food is terrible. Drink is served in plastic cups and the music is terrible !! Your belongings also have a tendency of going missing , which happened to me .. try el Camino

Date of visit: February 2019

Reviewed February 10, 2019 via mobile

I have many fond memories of late nights and fun times at The Orient Hotel in my youth & as my daughter had recently moved to the area, I was keen to check out the hotel’s relatively recent renovation. The renovation is beautifully done and the decor has some really lovely touches and is in keeping with its heritage style. We had a few share plates and enjoyed the sunny position in the dining room with harbour glimpses. The menu has a good variety of choices and is reasonably priced. You order at the counter. The dining room has a lovely ambiance. We went on a Sunday and is was relatively quiet in the dining Rome and was a nice escape from the bustling Rocks area. The three of us shared dumplings, San Choy bau and a cheeseburger and chips. We all enjoyed the dumplings. The pork and prawn were our favourites but we thought the chicken dumplings were a little average. The san choy bau was outstanding. It was served on small cos leaves which made it easy to eat. We shared the burger and it was absolutely delicious. It was really juicy & the meat was cooked perfectly. The chips were average, though. After we had finished eating we took our bottle of wine and finished it off in the lovely sunny terrace that overlooks the laneways beneath. A very enjoyable afternoon at a pub that immediately feels like your local.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed November 21, 2018

We enjoyed having a drink and a light meal with friends here. We sat on the sunny patio area (the waitress pulled the roof panels over for us so it was not too sunny). We enjoyed the panko prawns and some fries.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed October 31, 2018

My daughter's chicken was overcooked and dry. My wife's calamari was overcooked to a crisp texture. My barramundi was fine but served without chips. Disappointing average food at high prices. Go eleswhere.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed October 25, 2018 via mobile

came here on a lovely sydney afternoon hopes were high and we were excited to enjoy the view with a nice meal. Unfortunately the staff were awful - completely uninterested and clueless and that was just the beginning. the food was terrible , salt and pepper calimari that a 3 year old could cook better, didn’t come with everything on the menu and it took the staff over 5 mins to do this. The chicken burger was dry and proportioned incorrectly. When we raised our concerns with staff they were unhelpful and clearly didn’t care. Considering the price point this is completely unacceptable. Furthermore they serve the water in plastic cups which is not only bad for the environment but completly inappropriate for the price point and market. All I can say is i’m glad i didn’t order anything more expensive.
I will be telling all my friends to NEVER come here.

Date of visit: October 2018