“A sushi slice of heaven”
Review of Sushi-e

Sushi-e
Ranked #166 of 5,997 Restaurants in Sydney
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Description: Imagine you're in Tokyo dining at an enclave of modern Japanese expression. At the centre of a huge marble bar you watch head chef, Nobuyuki Ura, and his team serenely at work, precisely turning fresh fish into edible works of art. Welcome to sushi e. Adjoining the chic cocktail lounge Hemmesphere on Establishment's fourth floor, Sushi e is one of the few authentic sushi bars in Sydney and enjoys a dedicated following of sushi fans around the world - including Tokyo.
Reviewed June 1, 2013

When you get the freshest fish right out of the adjacent Australian waters, you are off to a good start. The bugs (scampi) in the lettuce cups were my favorite dish but the Dynamite scallops are a runner up. Service can be spacy, but it is the Establishment and it is busy and swish so you don't expect precision. I will be back.

There are newer reviews for Sushi-e

Reviewed May 17, 2013

I have been to this restaurant so many times. Everything about it is excellent - decor, ambience and most importantly, food! It's nice to sit at the bar if it's just the 2 of you so you can watch the amazing chefs in action, making your food for you! I would recommend the wagyu, the spicy scallop roll, the spider roll and the kingfish special sashimi but everything else is delicious too! Wonderful fresh food with a modern twist. They also have a complimentary little pannacotta in a shot glass at the end to cleanse your palate. Love it! Go there!

Reviewed April 30, 2013

This was such a great place to go for a dinner date. The sashimi is the best I have ever tasted, it's all prepared right in front of you and the atmosphere is lovely. The service was great, I'd definitely recommend. Slightly on the more expensive side, but thoroughly worth it.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

We've been on the road, going around the world for 300 days now. We've had sushi in Japan, and, unbelievably enough, the meal we had tonight at Sushi e beats every other sushi place we've been. Better than Nobu (and, THAT is hard to do!).
Sublime prawn dumplings. The 7 pepper Dynamite Tuna was fantastic. Every dish was perfectly balanced and presented in a simple, beautiful form. Fresh, gorgeous fish. Friendly service from Laura and Junji. We are changing our other dinner plans to return to Sushi e. Worth EVERY nickel.

1  Thank itchyfeetRTW
Reviewed February 19, 2013

There maybe something I don't get about trendy house music thumping loud enough that it disrupts dinner conversation. I really like my sushi to be a simple pleasure; this was trendy... maybe it says more about me than about the restaurant, but I good establishment will not make anyone feel out of place.

The sushi was very good. Not the best, but good. The "raw vegetable roll" or something like that, looked to be made with dairy... so vegans beware. The replacement for the veggie roll never showed up, and we finally complained and they reopened the kitchen to make it for us. So props on effort but they still made the mistake.

When you are looking for this place, look for a club, you will have to walk by a bouncer and find an elevator (service quality elevator), while dodging between club-going Aussie post-adolescents.

Oh, and it's expensive. Dinner and a couple of drinks was $200 (wife and I). They didn't comp the veggie roll but did comp a glass of wine for the lost entree.

1  Thank Steven H