“Met our Standards”

Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We had very high expectations of this restaurant and we weren't disappointed. From the time we walked in to the time we left we were treated like royalty. We decided on oysters kilpatrick and tempura wasabi which were fantastic. Loved the seaweed with the tempura ones. We then chose Tapas and enjoyed the zucchini flowers, scallops, chorizo and corn croquettes and the wagyu. All dishes had great flavour and cooked perfectly. Ordered a bottle of Chardonnay which we was bottle shop available but not priced outrageously as in some other restaurants. We never had an empty glass and the service, presentation and staff were fantastic. The middle aged Asian waiter we had was absolutely fantastic and helpfull with our food selections and even assisted in dishing out the food to our plate. We will definitely be back!

1  Thank Gussy001
glassbrasserie, Owner at Glass Brasserie, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear Gussy001,

Thank you sharing your recent dining experience at glass brasserie.

Great food is always a must when eating out- but key to a memorable meal is the service. On this note, it is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed our food, wine and your 'royal' treatment- and I will be sure to pass on your kind feedback to your waiter Jimmy.

We hope you see you back at glass soon!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I'm so glad that I finally ventured here for dinner! I was always excited to come eat here, but an average "corporate lunch" lowered my expectation for my dinner, but I'm so glad Glass redeemed itself! My friend and I shared the miso crab omelette, which was fantastic! I had the Kingfish and my friend had the fillet.

The Kingfish was cooked perfectly, crispy skin, and I almost died when I tried the Jerusalem artichoke puree. To be honest, I've heard so much about the "good food scene" here in Sydney, but I must have high expectations coming from New York City, because I haven't found anything that has blown my mind until now. The kingfish dish brings me back to my favorite dining experiences in top restaurants in NYC and Boston, and it definitely hit home for me!

The service was also very attentive! They made great recommendations on food & wine, and everyone was very friendly.

Thank you Chef Mangan and the rest of the kitchen staff for giving me hope for dining in Sydney once again.

Dear Nancy W,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent dining experience at glass.

I am delighted to hear that you had a great dinner last month and that our food and service won you over. It is a honour to be compared to your top dining experiences in the U.S. and we hope to continue this good faith in Sydney dining for years to come!

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Firstly a visually stunning restaurant, good for a special occasion. Ate with friends midweek and it was packed. Service lacking and SLOW: had to keep tracking staff down for drinks etc. food typical high end but nothing exceptional. We had a good time but would not hurry back.

glassbrasserie, Owner at Glass Brasserie, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear Zella,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent dining experience.

I am glad to hear that overall you had a good evening- but I am sorry to learn that service was lacking and food was not a stand out. Thank you for drawing these points to our attention and I will be sure to address these matters with my team- in order to improve our holistic restaurant offering.

All the best and we hope to have the pleasure of hosting you at glass brasserie again soon.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We made an early dinner reservation as we were about to watch a show at the theatre and the tapas menu seemed perfect. The staff, once they knew our plans, could not do enough to ensure that we finished on time without being rushed through the meal. They suggested a combination of cold and warm platters, made sure the flow of service was smooth and fast and kept a close eye on our wine glasses. The food was absolutely delectable! I would particularly recommend the wagyu bresaola and the chicken liver parfait. I would love to go back for a bigger and longer dinner experience.

Dear stylish_30,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent dining experience at glass brasserie.

It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed our tapas selection for your pre-theatre meal and we certainly look forward to hosting you back at glass again soon.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Meat portions were good and very well cooked. Fish portions were a little on the small side. However a wide range of both meat and fish options. Perhaps we were unlucky with the fish?

glassbrasserie, Owner at Glass Brasserie, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear GardenerBuff,

Thank you for your review.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our meat offering and appreciate your feedback regarding the portion sizes of our fish. I will be sure to look into this with my Executive Chef and hope that we have the pleasure of serving you again in the near future