“Cheeky mid-week corporate lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Glass Brasserie

Glass Brasserie
Ranked #72 of 5,832 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Australia
“Cheeky mid-week corporate lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

This is my favourite place to go for a cheeky mid-week corporate lunch date in the city. If you ask for the "corporate lunch" you'll get to pick a main and a glass of (very quaffable) red or white for $25. My favourite is the Luke Mangan pie + glass of red, though the tuna nicoise salad is lovely, and the fish + chips are tasty. I understand from my various dining companions that the waygu burger is absolutely delish, too. Give it a go!

1 Thank Travels_with_Em
glassbrasserie, Owner at Glass Brasserie, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Travels_with_Em,

Thank you for your review and it is great to know that you and your friends enjoy our Corporate Lunch options- especially my pie! We hope to see you at glass again soon.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
“Why bother?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

Friday night I was asked by friends to find a fun restaurant for dinner. The restaurant has an impressive feel but the echo and noise gave it the feel of sitting in the middle of a train station. Waiters rushing around but none seemed overly interested in customers sitting at the table.
We struggled to get our drinks orders in with one waiter, then eventually had some menus shoved across the table. When we finally got the attention of another waiter to finally place the order, I got the impression we were being a nuisance, which became really bad once I tried to request that the kitchen check that my specified allergen was not in the dish I ordered. After sarcastically repeating my request the waiter snarkily said " well there ISN'T any if those things in the dish so all we have to do is hold the sauce then" I tried to request that he ask the chef and see if the chef would suggest a substitute but the waiter brushed me off) normally in a good restaurant the waiter ( who wasn't familiar with this allergen as I had to explain it to him with great difficulty) will take it to the kitchen and the chef may substitute another seasoning or sauce as I was asking for. ( the dish arrived unseasoned and dry)
Then other guests at the table were ordering multiple appetisers , while two of us were keen on the mains only. Appetisers all came out but no main courses, leaving me to share dishes I didn't want and another guest without food at all.
The wine I ordered for two of us ( others were not drinking wine) was poured into everyone's glass without asking if they wanted it and despite the fact that they had other drinks in front of them.
When we complained about how late our main courses were two hours (!!) later, the waiter proceeded to ARGUE with us that he thought we wanted it as three courses despite the fact that two people had only ordered mains. Bill $880.- for 5
Inattentive, rude and incredibly humiliating experience. You'd get better service in a truck stop.

2 Thank Epearls
Dear Epearls,

Thank you for making the time to provide feedback on your recent experience at glass brasserie.

We regret we were not able to provide you with the quality of food and service that you expected. We are constantly working to better our points of service and your comments regarding special dietary requirements, pacing of courses and staff etiquette will certainly help us to improve in this area.

Have a great day and we hope to see you back at glass soon.

Adelaide
“Best Restaurant in a Sydney 5 start hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Had a small group of friends staying over at the Hilton from Adelaide for the weekend The service food and atmosphere was just outstanding
We chose the set menu – choices of 3 entrée’s 3 mains & 3 deserts (alternatives available) with a glass of wine. Servings were excellent in taste size and sides plentiful no one was disappointed! I will return!

• Visited March 2013
glassbrasserie, Owner at Glass Brasserie, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear PaulGAdelaide,

Thank you for your review and I am delighted to hear that all elements of your recent dinner at glass were outstanding. We offer a variety of menus to cater for the varying needs and wants of our guests and it's great to know that our set menu options are thoroughly enjoyed.

We look forward to seeing you back at glass soon.

Newcastle NSW
“Dinner at Glasserie”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

On the 15/3/13 I happened to stay at the Hilton hotel. I arranged to have dinner at glass. I had a most enjoyable meal there. The sevice was excellent and the ambiance was wonderful. I would eat there again. I would also be staying at the hilton again. It is a beautiful hotel and I could not fault anything. The staff were very pleasant. All in all I had a wonderful stay.

Tuscany10

• Visited March 2013
glassbrasserie, Owner at Glass Brasserie, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Dear Simply10,

I am delighted to hear that your stay at the Hilton Sydney and your dinner at glass brasserie was an enjoyable experience. We really pride ourselves in our customer service and it's great to hear that you observed this on numerous occasions.

All the best and we look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

auckland
“Much better than a 'hotel restaurant', this is a must-do in Sydney”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

We had a business dinner here for four, and can't fault the food or service, even if there were tiny mix ups, they were righted by a discretely hovering floor manager who knew exactly what had been ordered, by whom, and was ready with everything the second it was needed.

My top tip would be don't each lunch the day you go for dinner, the food is so good and the portions generous you will want to clean your plate!

Dear lovethejetfuel,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience at glass brasserie. It is great to hear that you were impressed by both our food and service and I will be sure to pass on your feedback to our kitchen and floor staff.

We hope to see you at glass again soon.