“Good food not pretending to be anything else”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Fatima

Fatima
Ranked #4,063 of 5,839 Restaurants in Sydney
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Surry Hills
Launceston, Australia
“Good food not pretending to be anything else”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

If you're looking for good lebanese food in a low key, unique environment then this is worth a visit. We had dinner on a Saturday night and found the food and service to be very good and as an extra we were lucky to catch some of the entertainment provided by a belly dancer. Also a good place to grab some takeaway.

Visited August 2014

Sydney, Australia
“Good food in a tired venue”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

The food was authentic and very tasty, but the restaurant itself is long overdue for a facelift. The rice and lentil dish was a highlight, as was the homemade tabouleh. There's lots of choice in this part of town, so we'll probably try somewhere else next time...

• Visited August 2014
“Just OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

Three of us had dinner here before seeing a play at the Belvoir Theatre. It was a disappointment. The restaurant was hot and stuffy and needed a major refurbishment. We ordered a meat platter each and the food was good but not great and not overly good value for money. A bit stingy with the bread. We also ordered a pitcher of lemon drink which was sickly sweet and had to be diluted with water. Staff were not very knowledgable about the food. If I feel like really good food Lebanese I would go to Jasmine's at Lakemba instead.

• Visited January 2014
Sydney, Australia
“An authentic Lebanese food experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

The food was really delicious and fresh. It was also authentic and traditional. The prices are very reasonable and certainly worth it. The servings are generous.
The restaurant is beautifully decorated with a Middle-Eastern/Lebanese furniture, tapestry and posters.
The service could be a bit warmer though! They were quick and efficient but didn't really communicate much more than politely taking our orders.
We took our guests from Los Angeles there and they were impressed. We ended up tasting each other's dishes and the verdict was unanimously positive about every dish. We will do it again any time. I'm salivating right now just thinking of that Kibbe and Lebanese Sausages :) Yummy!
The Lebanese music added a nice touch to complete the cultural experience. It was a bit like going on a virtual trip.

• Visited January 2014
Pearl City, Hawaii
“Good food, but not worth the price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

Let me start off by mentioning that this restaurant would be getting a higher rating from me if they made it known up front that they take only cash for carry out dinners; I had to go to an ATM a couple of blocks away, which charged me fees, to take out money so my meal was more "expensive" than it had to be.

Now to the food:

The food at Fatima's is actually pretty good. I got the meat platter, which was very tasty. My only problem with the platter is that the beef was just a tad above medium rare, which seems to be more of a Western than Lebanese/Middle Eastern cooking style (everything else was cooked to perfection). The meat platter was good, but I don't feel that it was worth the $20 (it wasn't the most filling meal), particularly when there are cheaper (yet tastier) restaurants just a few blocks away down Cleveland Street that serve amazing ethnic food and give you more bang for your buck. I won't be returning, if only for the quantity of food one receives for the price. I understand that this is Sydney, but I'm especially unforgiving about the price as I know how cheap wholesale Halal meat is in Sydney (trust me, I have been to several Halal butchers when cooking my own meals). Again, other restaurants within a 5 block radius are better at pricing their meals.

• Visited September 2013