“Not an authentic mexican restaurant”

Baja Cantina and Beer Garden
Ranked #1,128 of 6,093 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Glebe
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I'm a mexican and I'm impressed how full can this restaurant get with such food quality... Portions are huge, presentation is poor, sides are just lettuce and being a restaurant you expect authentic dishes and I got the WORST TORTILLA SOUP that I could ever had ( if you can even call it tortilla soup)... Enchiladas with wrap tortilla seriously??? For that I would prefer to get something from Madmex it would be cheaper!! I will never recommend or get back to this place!! In agave(crown st.) portions are smaller and couple of dollars more but you really enjoy your meal!!

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I have been to this place a few times, it is very busy, and noisy, but if its great value food and casual, this is the place. The meals are huge, you could share a main between 2 people, and get a starter plate, and a Margarita or 2, you can't go wrong. Will go back and my daughter who is 19, loves it, she thinks its a great place for her and her young friends.

Its not the place to go to if you want a laid back outing, they do 2 sittings on Friday and Saturday nights, due to demand.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Nice and lovely place , nice food and margarita, recommend the mexican chicken mole, nice outdoor place

Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Having moved to Glebe this place always looked good. As a fan of Mexican I was totally let down. When we arrived before we had even sat down we were told we had to leave by a certain time as the table was booked - so sit us somewhere else. Anyway the food turned up in next to no time, it was plain and had no flavour, cold and the cheese was not melted it felt as though it had been pre made. When I want enchiladas I don't want two dry wraps with a sprinkling of chicken and where were the sides??? They do better food at Mad Mex.

1  Thank Shedders
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Absolutely terrible. Food came out cold (cheese had not even melted on the tacos). Sent it back only for it to come out 2 minutes later only slightly warmer. We had a 2 hour booking and were almost refused drinks with 30 minutes still to go. Do not recommend. Much better places in Sydney to get Mexican.

1  Thank kristydatson