“The best Japanese Restaurant in Sydney!”
Review of Nazimi

Nazimi
Ranked #1,046 of 6,485 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Description: With 10 years operation, Nazimi Japanese Restaurant, located in the heart of Sydney, has been offering patrons the opportunities to experience the most delicious Japanese cuisines. Combined the high-quality ingredients imported from Japan and the freshest seafood from Tasmania aiming at keeping the explicitly traditional taste of Japanese cuisines, the Nazimi dining experience would be long-lasting after patrons have left the restaurant.
Reviewed April 20, 2012

I absolutely love Nazimi! I would have honestly not known it was there, if it had not been for my friend. I have been eating there for many years now and the place is always packed.

I recommended the chicken teriyaki. Nazimi has the most authentic chicken teriyaki I have eaten. I suggest making a booking before you dine because they are always busy.

Reviewed November 5, 2011

A great little hidden gem in Sydney CBD, the fresh seafood with great taste and Japanese service will never fail you. My top picks: Tasmanian salmon steak, aburi salmon roll, sashimi and butaebi maki

1  Thank Rashai
Reviewed August 6, 2011

I first discovered this restaurant about 3 or 4 years ago and always enjoy coming back. We love the gyoza, agedashi tofu, the eggplant dish (can't remember its name) and sashimi salad. Not to mention the tempura and the udon noodles. And the sushi and sashimi. The sukiyaki and shabu shabu are great, too, although the table gets a bit cramped! Pretty much the only thing I wouldn't have again is the karaage chicken, but really only because I've had better elsewhere.

It gets rather noisy in here when the restaurant's full, so it's hard to hear what other people at your table are saying, but it's a lovely, cosy, intimate ambience otherwise. The location is also terrific - just behind the QVB, near the Town Hall, just a door or 2 down from Abbey's bookshop. Staff are always unfailingly polite (and actually Japanese, to my knowledge), service is great and prices are reasonable and good value for money. I also love that it's open after 9pm, so I always have somewhere reliably good to go to if I need a quick dinner at that time before heading home. Definitely one of my favourite Japanese restaurants in Sydney!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed September 9, 2008

Had the shabu shabu but should have gone with a dish. It got too messy for a small table, stoves kept turning off (changed twice) and we stunk up the whole joint. Lots of beef though.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed September 6, 2008

Best value for money sushi with excellent service!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook