“Great location, good food”
Review of Yuki's At The Quay

Yuki's At The Quay
Ranked #397 of 6,485 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: The Rocks
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

You can't beat the view. The food was good but you'd expect that for the price. I'd try somewhere else next time I wanted a really good Japanese meal.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Thank you very much for great experience. The food is fantastic, all staff very polite and extremely nice, the view awesome and the price reasonable for Sydney City .

I really recommend to visit this unique and pleasant place. We had an amazing experience !

1  Thank Anita021
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

$29 set lunch incl. dessert and starter is a good deal and amazing view of the harbour and opera house.

Shame the rolls were a bit dry which reminded me of supermarket sushi. Tempura starter served cold otherwise fine at the price with nice dessert.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Why is this such an unknown treasure. Last week I took an overseas visitor who could not believe that such food was available with such a view with no problem booking. Then I took my wife the next day and she said the same. Best Japanese food she has ever had. Friendly service. Try the white fish carpaccio. Fabulous.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Take the elevator to the top floor of the Overseas Passenger terminal in Circular Quay and you will find a little Japanese restaurant with fabulous views of the Opera house.

I decided that this would be a great place to try considering the consistently good reviews. I'm glad we did.

Mama E and I were greeted with the very friendly staff and quickly taken to our reserved table of two. Seated next to the mirrored walls, we took in the view of the Opera House. The restaurant is lovely and quiet thanks to the carpeted floors. It would be perfect for those couple who would like to just get out there for a quiet romantic night.

As mentioned in a previous review, the toilet is located behind a hidden door, only found out that it was right behind me halfway through dinner. As we have not tried this restaurant before, we opted for the $65 Harbour Course. The course started with an Assorted Japanese Antipasto plate, more a tasting plate of what they had to offer, this had a Pacific Natural Oyster with eschallot and citrus-pepper vinaigrette, deep fried salmon and white fish in Japanese sweetened vinegar dressing and wagyu beef tataki served with thinly sliced radish and carrot. All good.

The deep fried salmon and white fish, however, were cold. Different, but do believe that this was supposed to be the case. This was followed by a plate of fresh sashimi sliced thickly and presented on a bed of ice. Nothing can go wrong with fresh sashimi. However, in saying that, the tuna looked like it may have been swimming in a little water as it looked a little pale. Other than that it was perfect.

The steamed egg custard with crab sauce was quite a tasty and comforting dish. We loved this silken tofu like egg custard so much that we swore to return to the restaurant just to eat a bowlful of it!

The pan fried rolled asparagus with wagyu beef and sesame garlic sauce as well as the grilled miso marinated cod were both lovely. The Wagyu beef came on a small bed of mash potato. The smooth buttery mash went so well with the Wagyu sweet sticky sesame garlic sauce. The cod had soaked up the sweetness of the miso..tasty.

We ordered the chicken teriyaki and seasonal veg as our main as well as the assorted tempura. The teriyaki came on a bed of the same buttery mash potato. Cooked perfectly and served with vegetables. Nothing fancy, just consistent with all the values of a good teriyaki. The assorted tempura I would have to say is probably one of the better ones that I have eaten.

The chef had taken what I believe to be soba noodles and deep fried for a garnish. Lovely touch to the dish. An oyster tempura was also part of the dish, this I didn’t expect. Delicious with the fish broth dipping sauce. The meal was finished off with a homemade crème brulee beautifully presented alongside a thinly sliced radish wrapped around a tea candle served with a small fruit salad and a tad of whipped cream.

Service throughout the whole period was great. Timing between courses went quite smoothly. All in all we were pleasantly surprised. We paid about $75 each. This included a softdrink, glass of wine and some green tea. The staff are lovely and accommodating. Can’t go wrong with this restaurant and with a view like that, I’ve promised the manager to take my family over, the tastes are already on my mind.