“Beautiful view and delicious food - but pricey”
Review of Cafe Sydney

Cafe Sydney
Ranked #27 of 6,382 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: European, Seafood, Australian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We dined here once whilst in Sydney. It was a Wednesday evening and absolutely fully booked. We were given a table outside on the covered terrace overlooking the harbour which was beautiful. You are also provided with a blanket should you get chilly during your meal.

We had a lovely three course meal, with a bottle of Australian prosecco as well. The food was of a very high standard and delicious. The waiting staff were all friendly, helpful, and very attentive. The whole ambience of the restaurant is very relaxed and classy.

We did find the meal to be quite pricey - I would say this is is a good restaurant for a special occasion, taking into account the wonderful view.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,383)

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Our hotel, Intercontinental, recommended this restaurant. At first attempt we were not able to get a table due to full house (didn't ask hotel to make reservations). We went the next night, after the BridgeClimb. We were disappointed with the service and meal. We were essentially ignored as waiters were falling all over themselves serving the couple seated at table next to us. We watched appetizers 'from the chef' and a flurry of servers. I asked about the 'chefs' appetizer and was told it was only for tables who had hotels book a reservation. I explained our hotel recommended, but we didn't request reservations as we didn't know when the climb would be over. He said we would not be offered the appetizer. Our food was dropped off. No one came to check on us or our meal. Actually no servers seen to be available to flag down. No water refills, no bread, no wine, no service. My husband liked his beef meal, but was still hungry after eaten. My fish dish was not good. When a busboy came by, I told him. The waiter came by and I told him. He just took my plate and never returned. My husband was not in the mood to deal with situation. He got up and told someone we wanted to go and was handed the bill. No desert was offered. I asked if the fish was on the bill. It was. Husband was so upset that he just wanted to go and I couldn't convince him to let me get a manager. I told the hostess we had a terrible experience as we were leaving and gave her our name and hotel. We never heard from anyone. $200 down the drain and we went to bed hungry. Disgraceful.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

I've been here on three occasions now, I'm still yet to have a meal that is worth the extortionate pricing. Having said that if I had a client coming into town and wanted to impress them I would come here - just wouldn't want to spend my own money!! Service is very good though...

Reviewed October 11, 2013

The restaurant is located at less than five minutes walk from the central "circular quay station". It has a spectacular view on the bay and the bridge. The quality of the food is excellent, and they have a wide range of plates that satisfy all tastes. Wi-fi available. Staff very friendly. It will costs you however average 100-120 dollars for a nice meal.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

My partner and I came here for Sunday lunch and we were extremely happy with the service, the food and of course, the view. We found that the entree's were great as tapas to share and to order several different dishes of.

The service was lovely, we liked that we were not rushed to leave, and it was definitely somewhere that you can sit and chat and have a drink for a long time!