“Very good meal”

Cafe Sydney
Ranked #56 of 6,486 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: European, Seafood, Australian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We had a lovely splurge with a great view of the bridge and the Opera House. The service was good (though still Australia), there's a very good wine selection and we both enjoyed our meals. It's easy to pay a lot for a meal in Sydney and not feel good about it. Cafe Sydney is expensive but you get a meal commensurate with the price. This place was packed on a Wednesday night so prior booking is a must.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,466)

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Located on the rooftop of Customs House, Cafe Sidney offers amazing views. I chose the outdoor terrace to have dinner and I was amazed by the scenery. In addition, Cafe Sidney is very convenient so I often chose this place to meet up with my friends during the lunch break. There are many options for the menu provided by Cafe Sidney and the grilled Queensland prawns is one of my favourites. I also always order fresh oysters. Cafe Sidney has a variety of wine that could be the best "partner" for the oysters. For reservation, I just need to visit the website of Cafe Sidney and make the reservation online. Cafe Sidney is a must-visit restaurant. Wonderful place, excellent food!

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Nothing can beat the view, food, service and ambience of this restaurant. I live in Sydney, but do not often enjoy the view of the Harbour whilst dining. This restaurant not only for tourists but also for locals.

Entrée of oysters, beautiful Champagne and then the Berkshire pork for a main, perfect is the only word that comes to mind. A great way to spend an afternoon!

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Our last night in Sydney (on this trip) was spent at Cafe Sydney overlooking circular quay. We enjoyed an excellent meal of Morton Bay bugs and Wagyu steak which was to die for! Didn't attempt desert as the portion sizes filled our little bellies right to the top.

The view of the harbour bridge is superb. I can only image what it would be like on new year's eve!

Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Great view and great dessert, I guess you have to pay for the view, friendly staff, clean and nice facility.