“Why hasn't I been there before?”
Review of Cafe Sydney

Cafe Sydney
Ranked #27 of 6,102 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: European, Seafood, Australian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

We organised a dinner for 30 with a set menu and it was outstanding.

Good view lousy food, so the saying usually goes but Cafe Sydney is Amazing View and excellent food.

View: harbour bridge and circular quay. Service: friendly, attentive and faultless.

Wine list looked like I need a return visit to explore it further and I will try for the outside verandah when we dine with a few fewer!

Like the city it named itself after this restaurant is world class.

1  Thank Mac-Mann1
Write a ReviewReviews (3,274)

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Myself and my wife brought 2 friends here as it was there first time in Australia. We were lucky to get a window seat outside which has a perfect view of the Harbour Bridge.

The best review I can give is that they havent stopped talking about it since, which pretty much says it all I think. Everything was excellent, I couldnt really pick a fault at all. The average punter would not be eating here regularly as it is pricey, but it really is a great treat for bringing in someone if you want a special night out.

1  Thank RobByrne2010
Reviewed August 12, 2013

If this is number 15 in Sydney, the other 14 must be unimaginable. This, in my opinion, is the the best ever. The service, the food, the view. I was in a party of 7. No-one had to ask for anything because the staff thought about it before we did. The Sydney Rock Oysters, the duck...all of it outstanding food. The view is unbelievable at night. This place is a must for everyone.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Cafe Sydney has never disappointed. The food is excellent (try the 300g steak for your main and foie gras for the starter). The location is incredibly central to the city and nightlife. And the view especially from the terrace can't be beat. We've been here with friends, as a couple and for business dinners, and all have been great. Our only advice is book early and ask for a table outside...which even in the winter with heaters is worth it.

1  Thank swisssmiths
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

This would have to be one of the best / favourite restaurents that I have been to... The food was Outstanding and the view is simply Amazing...

1  Thank Michael H