“An absolutely exquisite meal!”
Review of Cafe Sydney

Cafe Sydney
Ranked #28 of 6,102 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: European, Seafood, Australian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We always do a ‘posh meal’ when we go away on holiday and chose to have the said meal in Cafe Sydney and it was such a wonderful meal.

As I’d booked months in advance we got a prime seat on the veranda overlooking Circular Quay and I really don’t know what was better – the view or the food!

Not quite sure about the very dim lighting, while it may make it romantic, when you are trying to make your way through the restaurant and down stairs or trying read the menu it was proving to be a bit tricky.

None of the starters took our fancy (too fishy) so just had bread rolls to fill in the time until the mains arrived – you’d think given how much you are paying for food and drink that they’d be free but no, you have to pay a colossal $2.50 for each tiny bread roll that weren’t exactly nothing to write home about. None of the mains comes with sides either so that is another little earner for them as each comes in around the $8-10 mark.

The menu had changed just prior to our visit and the peppered beef tenderloin was delicious although the accompanying sausage roll was extremely spicy! Dessert was the highlight of the meal where I had the special of hot chocolate pudding served with strawberry sorbet and poached strawberries/rhubarb – simply sublime and I didn’t let my partner taste one bit of it!!

Despite all the added extras, the bill wasn’t as bad as it could have been if we’d been eating in some of Sydney's other top restaurants.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,275)

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Make sure you book well in advance to dine here on a Saturday night. The food was divine, the drinks menu had a good selection, but it is the location and views that truly make this place special. A must for any visitor and for those very special occasions.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

The view is incredible and all of the food is amazing. They have free wifi which is good and the service is excellent

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Attended for dinner to celebrate a birthday. The atmosphere was fantastic and the view wow, just amazing.

The food was exceptional and enjoyed their lamb shoulder special. Cooked to perfection, tender, juicy and extremely tasty. The cocktails were amazing and if only I wasn't driving I could have enjoyed more.

Easy to get by public transport with several buses not far from the entrance and the circular quay train station opposite. Or if you prefer to drive like I did, a secure parking station is located just a block away.

Highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

We (4 people) sat outside with a fantastic view of the Bridge & Opera House on sunset. Best seat in Sydney! Our table service to start was great, then a change of the waitress shift we had a less than great experience. The mains arrived "the Wagyu" was delicious, as was the twice cooked duck. By the time we questioned where our side orders were, our mains went cold. Then only 2 of the 3 sides arrived & questioned where the 3rd was?? 3rd time lucky!. On paying the bill they asked the usual "was everything OK" to which I replied Not Really, with an explanation! She politely advise she would let the kitchen know - No, I am really Sorry, I will like to pass this to management...... Get in before 6pm

1  Thank ceowarren