“cafe Sydney, great for special occasion”
Review of Cafe Sydney

Cafe Sydney
Ranked #27 of 6,033 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: European, Seafood, Australian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We sat inside, view was still fab, service was great and food was yummy, specially enjoyed the prawns and the pineapple upside down pudding,

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Great night! Spectacular view of the Sydney harbour. Sat on the verandah yet it was cosy due to heating and warm blankets supplied for each person. Service was impeccable, all staff were fantastic, food was yummy, children were served first and thoroughly enjoyed their meal. Desert was amazing. Would recommend to all for a special occasion dinner overlooking Circular Quay.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I have been to Cafe Sydney twice over the past two years and with similar experiences. The decor and view is excellent and is as good as just about any other restaurant in Sydney. The food is good, but not quite up to the standard of similarly priced restaurants in the surrounding area. Service is as should be expected - professional, yet friendly. My only real issue is that the food is about the same as restaurants with better reputations and more interesting food. And you have to pay for your bread rolls!! In summary, if you have a healthy budget and you want to treat some out of town guests to a great view, this is a place to visit. On the other hand, if you want to sample some outstanding food and you are happy to pay for it, there are better places to visit.

2  Thank Craig C
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I first came here 10 years ago for an anniversary, and have probably returned here once every 2 years since for various occasions.
The service and food is consistently good, and the price isn't ridiculous.
At lunchtime the view is stunning, with the sunlight coming through the front, and at night the atmosphere is completely different, and a completely different view to look at!
I have also been here for just drinks where you are seated further back, again a different experience.
Overall I would recommend.

Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend took me to Cafe Sydney as a surprise for my birthday. I didnt have any idea this place even exsisted so you can imagine my surprise when I clocked the view and was told our table was on the terrace. This is totally worth it even in July, they provide blankets and have heaters. The restaurant is lit excellently to provide an fab atmosphere. Service from the minute we stepped off the elevator was brilliant and we were shown to the bar and then table (and that view) in quick time.
The menu was great with enough choice, they had sold out of my first choice but it wasnt too much of problem. I had scallops and ocean trout and my boyfriend had quail and beef tenderloin. We both agreed it was easily the best meal we have had. I cannot fault one thing, it was the most perfect, most memorable surprise from someone who knows me very well as it was all things I love, great food, great wine and unforgetttable views!