“A birthday surprise to remember!!”
Review of Cafe Sydney

Cafe Sydney
Ranked #27 of 6,035 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: European, Seafood, Australian
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend took me to Cafe Sydney as a surprise for my birthday. I didnt have any idea this place even exsisted so you can imagine my surprise when I clocked the view and was told our table was on the terrace. This is totally worth it even in July, they provide blankets and have heaters. The restaurant is lit excellently to provide an fab atmosphere. Service from the minute we stepped off the elevator was brilliant and we were shown to the bar and then table (and that view) in quick time.
The menu was great with enough choice, they had sold out of my first choice but it wasnt too much of problem. I had scallops and ocean trout and my boyfriend had quail and beef tenderloin. We both agreed it was easily the best meal we have had. I cannot fault one thing, it was the most perfect, most memorable surprise from someone who knows me very well as it was all things I love, great food, great wine and unforgetttable views!

Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Great value for money - food - wine - view - tick tick tick. The staff are great. The view from the terrace dining area is superb and given the high cost location you will not find better value for a fine dining venue. Steven and Kim - Hobart Tasmania.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

An amazing view of the harbour, even if you're not right next to the window or balcony. Service was great, very attentive, friendly and helpful with menu selections. Food was delicious and it's great to try something different to the 'normal' though you need to be prepared for the higher prices that come with this level of restaurant. Portion sizes are good, what I would expect. It's a restaurant that's just as good in the day or night time, depending on your view preference. Bookings need to be made well in advance to get a table by the window. Was a very enjoyable way to spend a Sunday afternoon, thank you Cafe Sydney!

Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

The style and ambience of this restaurant is excellent
The food was amazing with the best beef I have ever tasted any where in the world!
Booking process was easy and the staff were are friendly and helpful
Can't wait to go back

1  Thank selsfield2003
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Went here last Saturday night for a romantic dinner just two of us. We sat right next the window, which had an amazing of the water and Harbor Bridge, even though it was cold and raining the whole day it did not damped the view at all.

Having wanted to eat at this restaurant for quite some time the food defiantly lived up to the hype!
Entree and mains were great, and we were so happy to have ordered dessert - that was amazing. We were so full and stuffed by the end, you could practically roll us out!

Price wise it was reasonable considering we had entrees, main and dessert with wine not a place you would dine all the time but nice to spoil yourself every now and then.

Would like to come back for lunch and experience the view in the day time.

Only negative is you have to book a long time in advance, being the Saturday night it had to be booked 3 months prior but you expect that for place like this.