“A Sydney experience...”
Review of Cafe Sydney

Cafe Sydney
Ranked #25 of 5,836 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: European, Australian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Scenic view, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Sydney, Australia
“A Sydney experience...”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

..and expensive like everything else in this city. I have been to Cafe Sydney on several occasions and with different group sizes. Not been the least bit disappointed with any aspect of the restaurant.
Cafe Sydney is probably one of the most worthwhile places to have lunch/dinner if you want excellent food & service combined with an iconic view. The food is solid with a seafood heavy menu that is geared towards deep pocket expense accounts. Snatch a seat on the patio and you will have a great experience that will remembered a life time and also have reduced your retirement savings by a bit. Well worth it for a special occasion, fancy business lunch or you had to pick just one place to eat during your trip to Sydney.

• Visited March 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
“Worst service I've ever had!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This was the second time I'd been to Cafe Sydney for a work function and was extremely disappointed. The first time was great, we sat in the lounge area, had delicious tapas and had a great time. This time we booked a table in the restaurant. The waiter we had was very rude and completely ruined the dining experience. He was so bad he said "You better be quick in making up your mind as I have two big groups coming in and I wont have time to come back". What the?? We had only been there for 10 minutes, I hadn't even received my drink that I ordered. The other waiters/waitresses weren't as bad as our main waiter but none of them were very friendly and the service was poor. I won't be going back in a hurry!

1 Thank BlueOzzie
Sydney
“Fine dining at its best”
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Celebrated my wife's birthday here. Great atmosphere, view, food and service. Everything about this place smacks of quality. We had a full 3 course meal and bill was $200. Exey but worth it for special occasions.

Visited May 2013
Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful special birthday”
Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

We took my mum for her 70th birthday and had a wonderful night. The food and staff were great, and mum was tickled by the special touch of happy birthday on the dessert plate. My favourite in Sydney and will be back

Greenwich, Australia
“The view is great and the food is exceptional”
Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

I haven't visited here for awhile and I had forgotten just how good it was. It's the perfect venue to impress overseas visitors with a spectacular view of beautiful Sydney harbour.

But they dont just rely on the view here. The food is just amazing. The quality, menu choices and presentation are all first class - you don't get food as good as this in many places anywhere.

The team responsible for this place have nailed it. There is an obvious pride in what they do and the results are absolutely worth every cent. Well done guys - this is what fine dining is meant to be.