“Nice enough”

I'm Angus Steakhouse
Ranked #499 of 6,421 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Scenic view, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Description: I'm Angus Steakhouse is an award winning steak house boasting the finest Australian beef and freshest seafood on the waterfront in Darling Harbour. The open chargrill brings the passion of the 1980s into the modern century with a flair that is unsurpassed in the industry. If you are a ribs lover, I'm Angus will "wow" you with their giant pork or beef ribs that always turns heads when coming out of the kitchen. Our professional chefs have an extensive knowledge of meat products, and nothing but the premium quality will be put forward to our guests. One of Sydney's little treasure that must be discovered at some point during your time!
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

I recently booked a table at Angus for 10 people. My name and phone number were taken at the time of booking, which was 2 days before we were due to arrive. When we arrived we were told there was no booking for us and it was the second time that night it had happened...it was only 5pm. That being said they did get us a table quickly and apologized. My steak was nice, some vegetables with it would've been good, as it was served with mash and onions. Others had ribs and thoroughly enjoyed them. Service was ok, it is a very busy place even at 5pm. The children's meal took almost an hour, which was too long.

1  Thank Rennie36

Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is right on the wharf overlooking Darling Harbor. We sat outside and enjoyed the view! Our table was situated just where there was a crack between the awnings, so when it started to rain, I had to move my chair to the side to not get wet, something to watch for when they are seating you! They would have moved us inside, but we were almost done and moving my chair took care of it. I had the Filet Mignon with twice baked potato and my husband had the Surf and Turf with mashed. Both meals were wonderful! The steaks were done just to our liking, the potato was delicious and the prawn that came with my husband's meal was really good as well. We both ordered craft beers that were delicious as well. The service was great, the only issue was that they were kind of busy as it was a holiday and that caused us to have to wait a while to get our bill. But overall, a great experience and we will definitely eat here again!

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Ok, so I went in and was talked into the Reserve Scotch Fillet, I had it with fries, rocket salad and a couple of craft beers. The table overlooked the Harbour and I saw the light show. Everything was sensational!! I did choose the wrong sauce though, I think the peppercorn sauce was a bit runny and needed more spice and peppers.
It was so good that I went a second time, this time I had the fried Zucchini as a side, mushroom sauce, two craft beers and a South Australian Red. OH My God!! They Kinged it twice, in a row, while very busy. Pity I am going to Whakatane today lose I cold of gone for a hat-trick. Only issues were no salt and pepper on the table the second time.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

It is ok and food was average. little long for service .Not particularly friendly. Not conducive to business lunches.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Looking for a good steak on a recent Saturday night, a friend and I called into I'm Angus on the off chance that they could fit us in. Whilst the place was extremely busy we were greeted by a team of friendly staff and quickly seated. Drink service was as quick and friendly and our steak orders taken with a minimum of fuss. The energy and atmosphere of the place was first rate the whole time we were there. My Sirloin was cooked to perfection, medium rare and I'm told my friends beef ribs were equally as good. And the beers were served super cold!

Cost was around $60 each for a main and a couple of beers.

Would we visit again. Without hestiation.

1  Thank WTN_007