“A special occasion favourite”
Review of Guillaume at Bennelong - CLOSED

Guillaume at Bennelong
Cuisines: French, Australian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
3,000 restaurant reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,885 helpful votes
“A special occasion favourite”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

It's a place I love for my own birthday or a special treat for overseas visitors. The food and service are exemplary and there is no other restaurant that better captures what is good about the harbour and its environs. If you merely want the view and a casual cheap night, there are several restaurants nearby that have a similar view and are lots of fun. But for that bit extra, Guillaume is special.

Visited January 2013

Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
“Stunning”
Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

My third, and probably last time to dine here, due to strange decision to replace internationally renowned restaurant. Food service started badly - have some staff moved on? - but improved steadily, and Czech sommelier was very chatty and knowledgable. 8 generous, flavour filled degustation courses with decent pours of matching wines. Expensive but worth it - especially as it won't be possible to repeat.

Visited December 2013
Sydney, Australia
“The best meal I have ever had, thanks for the amazing birthday dinner!”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

We had dinner booked for my birthday today and it was originally fully booked, as unfortunately Guillaume at Bennelong will be making way for a more "family-friendly" restaurant from next year, but because it was my birthday, the amazing staff managed to make room for my booking.

We had the three course pre-theatre meal with the Paris Mash as a side-dish. For our entrées, I had the pork belly, my father had the oysters and my grandfather had the king salmon. All were perfectly cooked and well-seasoned and were an absolute dream.

We didn't think that the meal could get any better from there until we were served the mains, which were even better than the excellent entrées. I had the Angus beef, my father had the deboned lamb tenderloins and my grandfather had the Malloway fillet. All were beautifully cooked, and tasted spectacular. The Angus beef was extremely tender and juicy, and the sauce was very delicious. The deboned lamb tenderloins were similarly, extremely tender and the sauce again, was succulent. I think the surprise of the night though was how good my grandfather's Malloway fillet was, I don't think we've tasted quite a fish before, it was cooked to perfection and seasoned very well.

For dessert, I had the Opera cake which was served with coffee ice cream, my father had the Vanilla Bean Créme Brûlée and my grandfather had the Nougat Glace. All desserts were scrumptious and very well presented, and in particular, I would like to give my thanks, for the "Happy Birthday" on my plate.

The service was excellent and very attentive, and knowing that you are dining inside the world famous Sydney Opera House is a treat in itself. I would have no hesitation in dining here again, if given the opportunity and look forward to seeing what Guillaume Brahimi has in store for Sydney in the future! Thank you for the perfect birthday dinner!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Sidneiensis
“Fine dining”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Very sophisticated menu and great wines. One of Sydney's finest restaurants, shame it will be closing down soon.

Visited November 2013
Winchester, United Kingdom
“Great for pre theatre two course meal”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

We were visiting the Opera House to see a play and decided to hang the expense (actually not that expensive for quality of food) and go to Guillaume’s which is in one of the ‘sails’ of the Opera House. They offer a two course pre-theatre dinner (think there’s a three course option and there is an after show offer for you late birds). Outstanding. A little expensive but the quality of food, presentation (which I’m not usually fussed on) and location was worth every cent. Service impeccable. And in and out in time for the play but without feeling rushed. We had booked (you need to) and were there at about 6:45pm for a 8pm start (they shut the doors at the Opera House if you’re late so being on time is important) and were out in time to have a quick drink in the theatre bar but we were not rushed.

• Visited March 2013