“The best meal I have ever had, thanks for the amazing birthday dinner!”
Review of Guillaume at Bennelong - CLOSED

Guillaume at Bennelong
Cuisines: French, Australian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed December 18, 2013

We had dinner booked for my birthday today and it was originally fully booked, as unfortunately Guillaume at Bennelong will be making way for a more "family-friendly" restaurant from next year, but because it was my birthday, the amazing staff managed to make room for my booking.

We had the three course pre-theatre meal with the Paris Mash as a side-dish. For our entrées, I had the pork belly, my father had the oysters and my grandfather had the king salmon. All were perfectly cooked and well-seasoned and were an absolute dream.

We didn't think that the meal could get any better from there until we were served the mains, which were even better than the excellent entrées. I had the Angus beef, my father had the deboned lamb tenderloins and my grandfather had the Malloway fillet. All were beautifully cooked, and tasted spectacular. The Angus beef was extremely tender and juicy, and the sauce was very delicious. The deboned lamb tenderloins were similarly, extremely tender and the sauce again, was succulent. I think the surprise of the night though was how good my grandfather's Malloway fillet was, I don't think we've tasted quite a fish before, it was cooked to perfection and seasoned very well.

For dessert, I had the Opera cake which was served with coffee ice cream, my father had the Vanilla Bean Créme Brûlée and my grandfather had the Nougat Glace. All desserts were scrumptious and very well presented, and in particular, I would like to give my thanks, for the "Happy Birthday" on my plate.

The service was excellent and very attentive, and knowing that you are dining inside the world famous Sydney Opera House is a treat in itself. I would have no hesitation in dining here again, if given the opportunity and look forward to seeing what Guillaume Brahimi has in store for Sydney in the future! Thank you for the perfect birthday dinner!

1  Thank Sidneiensis

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Very sophisticated menu and great wines. One of Sydney's finest restaurants, shame it will be closing down soon.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

We were visiting the Opera House to see a play and decided to hang the expense (actually not that expensive for quality of food) and go to Guillaume’s which is in one of the ‘sails’ of the Opera House. They offer a two course pre-theatre dinner (think there’s a three course option and there is an after show offer for you late birds). Outstanding. A little expensive but the quality of food, presentation (which I’m not usually fussed on) and location was worth every cent. Service impeccable. And in and out in time for the play but without feeling rushed. We had booked (you need to) and were there at about 6:45pm for a 8pm start (they shut the doors at the Opera House if you’re late so being on time is important) and were out in time to have a quick drink in the theatre bar but we were not rushed.

1  Thank Seen_my_T_shirt
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Had dinner here on my last night in Sydney. I was really looking forward to a good meal. To be fair the meal was nice, but not spectacular. Mostly, I felt quite rushed. From the moment I sat down, the waiters were there to get us fed and move us out. I didn't get a chance to really relax and enjoy the meal. The waiters were nice, but were definitely on a mission to get you out. Other than that, the atmosphere is a bit stuffy but the view can be stunning if you get the right table.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

I literally cannot fault this restaurant, the setting is breath taking, my fiance and myself were left speechless for the first five minutes just taking in the views and the atmosphere.

The staff are attentive and friendly without being too full on, they provided a seamless service attending to our every need whilst at the same timw giving us the space to relax and enjoy the meal.

The food was stunning, every mouthful was a delight cooked to perfection and I literally cannot think of anything nergative to say.

It is somewhere you MUST see to believe!