“Great food!”

Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I have eaten here on half a dozen occasions and it always delights. It is quite expensive but it's worth it IMO. I have read a couple of the reviews saying Terrible! I can't understand it at all. Everyone's entitled to their opinion of course but I would highly recommend it. It's great in summer - have pre-dinner drinks at the Opera Bar and afterwards maybe stop for an ice cream on the way back along the Harbour foreshore

Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic food and service and wonderful way to experience the best of Sydney. High price tag but well worth it.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

the food was great dont get me wrong but this is the worst service i have ever expereinced in a hatted restaurant. I dont know if it was because we were younger than the other clientele in the area by 20 years. we still have the same money and were happy to spend it on our anniversary here, however they must have assumed that we werent. not once did we get offered another drink, we had to flag down waiters to order anything, noone ever approached us. I was extremely dissatisfied and upset with this we have been to many other places in sydney that are also hatted and we received far better service in all areas!!!
I would not recommend this place to anyone who thinks that service is important to their dining experience. I hate to say that as i never do but it was! far better restaurants in sydney that serve equal quality of food and excel in their service!! Will not be returning and would not be recommending to other people

Reviewed February 8, 2013

We had the 'pre-theatre' meal, offering a 2 and 3 course set menu. It seems to be a popular method adopted by Sydney establishments wishing to generate 2 sittings a night. They are quite thorough in ensuring that all pre theatre parties are out by 8 pm, so courses are brought out in relatively quick succession, which suits me fine.
From the moment you enter, you see why this restaurant won the Silver service award in the 2013 Sydney Morning Herald Good Food Guide. Efficient, understated professionalism from all staff nurtured the mood set by the cool, clean minimalist design, allowing the uninterrupted, 270 degree view of Sydney Harbour Bridge, Circular Quay and the stunning, rising arch of one of the Opera House sails, which serves as the restaurant roof, disappearing above you, to take center stage in what is a truly unique culinary experience that captures all the senses.
The food itself was just what i was hoping for from a from a chef I have long admired. Classic french food melded with a distinct, modern Australian influence, slightly weighted toward Seafood based menu, however i saw what looked like some wonderful meat dishes being presented. Our entrees of house smoked salmon with brioche and Spanner Crab Salad were spot on. Mains of Barramundi and Mulloway were not so consistent. Desserts of Raspberry Macaron and Choc Creme Brulee were rich, balanced and were portioned perfectly so as to leave us completely satisfied without feeling to full.
Extensive wine list is available, the cocktail we had was very good.
While I did experience an issue with one meal, I was satisfied with the way the wait staff dealt with, and resolved the problem. Overall, I would definitely recommend Guillaumes to anyone who wishes to have a truly memorable dining experience , framed by a World Heritage Icon, back-dropped by stunning Harbour bridge views.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

a great location--sun setting over the water in the stunning opera house. the service is incredibly professional-helpful friendly and balanced. the food is also great. not cheap but well worth it. go for the pre theatre deal--in at 6 out by 8--to help keep costs under control. overall a fantastic experience and highly recommended