“Varied, tasty & reasonably priced”

Bourke Street Bakery
Ranked #9 of 425 Quick Bites in Sydney
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Neighborhood: Surry Hills
Reviewed June 6, 2019

We passed it by chance at about 2.15 pm on the way to the Stamford airport hotel (reviewed elsewhere). As the title says, the choice was good and varied, the pies and sausage rolls were tasty, and the prices were reasonable. We wished that we hadn't returned our hire car in the afternoon, rather than having to eat at La Boca in the Stamford.

Date of visit: June 2019

Reviewed May 25, 2019 via mobile

This bakery is recommended by our friend. An old one but their breads and cakes are very delicious. Their store is small, but you can order takeaway or just sit/stand outside. If you come, you can try their croissant, chocolate cake and carrot cake. I especially love the carrot cake. They have menu also like sandwich etc, Will drop by again to try other cake/bread.

1  Thank CarolinaHisman
Reviewed May 21, 2019 via mobile

Went to Bourke Street Bakery today and thoroughly enjoyed the pork and fennel sausage roll and my semi decent cup of coffee (nothing quite compares to Melbourne coffee). However was put off by the Asian looking barista who condescendingly commented that I could’ve had my sausage roll on a plate instead of a takeaway paper bag. The only reason I usually get them in a takeaway bag/ cup is because I rarely ever am able to finish a meal due to portion size/ am a slow eater/ drinker. He then smirked when giving me my cup of coffee in a takeaway cup, once again subtly indicating I could’ve had it in a mug. An absolutely unacceptable way to treat a customer and I felt very uncomfortable dining in after that comment was made. Just plain ol rude. Will go back for the food, but hopefully they put on employees with better people skills.

Reviewed May 4, 2019 via mobile

My wife and I went to this bakery multiple times and found it sensational. The bacon egg and bbq sauce sandwich is spectacular as is the lemon and Carmel tarts!

Reviewed April 26, 2019 via mobile

If you're not treating with the pork and fennel sausage roll you're basically not livin'. While you're at it pinch a loaf of the "seedy bread", take it home and toast it up for the the rest of the week. Now you're talking.

Date of visit: March 2019