“beef brisket pie - delectable!”

Bourke Street Bakery
Ranked #2 of 56 Bakeries in Sydney
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Surry Hills
Reviewed August 9, 2013

be sure to get there early as most of their signature pastries are sold out pretty early!

they have several outlets and are open at 7am.

top 3 items on the menu:
1) Ginger Brulee Tart
2) Pork & Fennel Sausage Roll
3) Carrot Cake

We headed down to Surry Hills in the evening and all 3 items were sold out. The store owner offered us the Beef Brisket pie and though we were a little apprehensive initially, we were glad to have taken the risk.

Wanting to satisfy our cravings after reading rave reviews about the 3 items, we headed down to the Potts Point outlet at 7am to avoid being disappointed again.

Ginger Brulee Tart - an unique combination with a strong ginger flavor (not overwhelming).
Pork & Fennel Sausage Roll - nothing special
Carrot Cake - smooth texture

my own list (in order):
1) Beef Brisket Pie
2) Ginger Brulee Tart
3) Carrot Cake
4) Pork & Fennel Sausage Roll

love the outdoor seats & environment

Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Great fast paste cafe.
Sausage rolls are to die for and they also have great coffee.
Have been getting takeaway for some years now and eats great.
Ways leave with a sourdough and a few pastries for afternoon tea.
Thank you will continue to keep coming back

Reviewed July 10, 2013

It's very hard to choose what to have at this place!! And you can't eat it all because you'd soon gain weight! Cute little place with lots of goodies, it's a definite must visit.... even just for the people watching!

Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Went here the first time with a friend. Returned not even a week later to catch a less busy time. I like the coffee, the chocolate tart and the brulee. The ginger brulee isn't as good as the raspberry one and the chocolate mousse tart isn't as good as the chocolate tart, but they're still pretty good. The sad thing is that they don't have all selections every day and since I live far away now, it saddens me when I don't see the chocolate tart on display =( but I keep coming back in hopes of seeing the tart again. It's that good. Even my sister who doesn't like chocolate all that much adores it.

1  Thank Eizel
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Had rhubarb and lemon curd tart. I gobbled them in 1 minute.

Got the hazelnut sourdough and olive & rosemary flatbread. Too big. Too much. Taste soooo good. Warm and freshly baked. Garh I wish my stomach is bigger!

There wasn't a line at the shop because of the winter rain. Yay!