“Fab coffee and panne au chocolate”

Bourke Street Bakery
Ranked #2 of 72 Bakeries in Sydney
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Neighborhood: Surry Hills
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Love, love, love, love love it - we'll worth the queues!

Reviewed May 24, 2012

I love the bread, coffee, sausage rolls, tarts and easy, laid back atmosphere. Go on, treat yourself

Reviewed May 20, 2012

We were sent to Bourke by a "disciple"! We were very disappointed. In retrospect, we should have just bought bread or another baked item & took it home. The breakfasts & coffees were average to good, but the outside seating (uncomfortable chairs on a busy & noisy street) made our experience "just average"!

Reviewed May 13, 2012

I was not impressed. Arrived to find a queue around the corner & very, very long. A tardy shop with an absolutely basic seat outside & not enough staff to cater to an obviously popular bread shop.
When it came time to serve me the manners were repulsive, so I turned on my heel & walked out saying never again.
There are many, many good quality bakeries in Sydney without the attitude.
Give it a miss.

1  Thank Fusspot-Traveller
Reviewed May 7, 2012

There's a number of them, I like the one in Marrickville as it's one of the larger ones. Great savoury food, nice boutique breads, and delicious tasty sweet things to nibble on. Very busy, and they do sell out of the popular things late morning, especially on the weekends. Not cheap, but very very yummy.