“Stand out beers and the food was superb.”

Redoak Boutique Beer Cafe
Ranked #307 of 6,033 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Description: Redoak is a restaurant | bar | brewery in Sydney CBD. We serve food, our own locally brewed beer with suggested food and beer matchings.
Reviewed June 13, 2013

First visit last week and the bitter was good enough to make me want to come back for a second visit even with all the other fantastic options in Sydney and only a couple of weeks here. ... and oh my was it a good decision to come back again ... the Organic pale ale was excellent, the IPA even better and I don't really feel I can do justice to the "Beef Two Ways" when I try and describe it - the brisket simply melted, the flavour of the accompanying potato/mushroom was wonderful and the steak was good too. In Sydney for another week and I'll be back once, twice, who knows how often if it's always this good ... several recommendations of other beers from the barman that I'd like to try!

Reviewed May 24, 2013

We had a wonderful time at this restaurant. We just couldn't stop eating! The service was impeccable (the comped our dessert because some sugar ornament had ended up in one of them without us even having to ask) the food was simply delicious and their taste platters are really fun and satisfying. The atmosphere is also very nice. Laid back but very professional people working there. Thank you for our best night out in Sydney.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

The Redoak has been a bit of a favourite now for some time, and its a hidden gem that I have taken many overseas friends and local who didn't know of its existence. It has never fail to amaze and delight. The beers are all excellent, with one or two fascinating options (heavy alcohol %) for those with large wallets! I urge visitors to sample the delights from the friendly staff, who provide small tastings if not sure about what options to go for. What makes a trip worthwhile, and will keep the non beer partners happy is the excellent food and restaurant facilities, bolstered by an amazing array of tasting plates which offer small samples with beers to accompany, a great way to eat whilst savouring the many brews! I urge visitors to try, and even the most non beer enthusiast will find something to enjoy. Pleasant decor and seating arrangements, great laid back atmosphere, it has it all.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Beer, wonderful beer. We had the Meat board and matched beers, a good way to try a few different beers without getting drunk. The small portions are not a meal on their own but add a bowl of thick cut chips and you have a good meal. Irish red ale and the Monk Stout were the stand out beers and paired with a great lamb meatball and goat ragout pie.

For the beer connoisseur the Redoak St Nicholas is amongst the best Trappist style beers I have tasted including those I sampled in Belgium. At $18 for a small bottle, it is not a cheap drink but well worth the expense IMHO.

The music is too loud in the bar, and they probably need to work out if they are a restaurant or bar crowd place. The heavy curtains helped but it still made conversation difficult. Overall excellent beer, very good food but too noisy for us. I will be back for the beer.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

We were blown away by the redoak. They had an extensive selection of beers, but what set the experience apart was the wonderful service in helping us find the right beers. The food we tried was also fantastic and well paired with our beer choices. Good value for the prices, will definitely be back upon my return to Sydney!