“Great beers and tasty food”

Redoak Boutique Beer Cafe
Ranked #273 of 6,054 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Description: Redoak is a restaurant | bar | brewery in Sydney CBD. We serve food, our own locally brewed beer with suggested food and beer matchings.
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Smily, friendly staff welcome you in. The place was pretty busy with birthdays so hope you don't mind the Happy Birthday song. The food was tasty and reasonably priced and accompanied with a broad selection of great beers.

Reviewed June 16, 2012

Stopped by in the afternoon for a late lunch. Had the "meat" sampler, which consists of four sampler sizes of their beers, along with four small appetizers. The beers were good, and the appetizers made a great "tapas"-style snack. One hint though: if you are thirst, get a pint (or half) to have while the dish comes out: it does take some time.

Went back for dinner with a friend. Restaurant side has interesting full meals. I had the tagliatelle with pulled pork and it was very good. Friendly service, handling a pretty large crowd reasonably well. My friend (not a beer drinker) also enjoyed his dinner.

Much higher quality food than your average brewpub and a great staff make this a very good choice.

Reviewed June 9, 2012

We did a tour of Australia and New Zealand, one of the people with me only has meat once or twice a year. However I talked so much about the lovely Steak we had at Red Oaks, she tried it the following night. We all can't be wrong, she said it was also amazing. The Red Oak is well worth a visit in Sydney. Save it for a special occasion.. We enjoyed the Steak and the fish on offer. The bear I can't comment on but I enjoyed a glass of the house white which was great. Go you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed April 26, 2012

What a great night we had at the Redoak last week! The delightful waitress recommended the tasting boards - a selection of tasty morsels with matching beers. I was a bit reluctant, not really being a beer drinker, but I was very pleasantly surprised. We ended up trying each of the tasting boards - vege, meat, seafood, cheese and dessert. The food was prepared from top quality produce, inventive and delicious; there was nothing we didn't like. And I had no idea that beer could match food as wine does - but it can! Good value too, $100 for 2 including food and beverage. And the service was up to par, attentive, fun but respectful. We arrived early so had no trouble getting a table, but it filled up pretty quickly so would recommend booking. We thoroughly enjoyed the evening and will be back when next in Sydney.

Reviewed April 22, 2012

It was packed but we had a nice dinner and a few quiet ales... all which got our weekend started.