“Dessert galore”

Chat Thai
Ranked #47 of 6,101 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

This place is amazingly BUSY!Couldn't wait 45mins for dinner so decided to take away some desserts.
Wow the quality is no way found in Perth!
Love how authentic they taste and price is pretty reasonable for Aussie land.

Must come during non peak to try their main course.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Chat Thai was literally right around the corner from our hotel. So, my wife and I passed by it multiple times. Every time, it was crowded both inside and out. After a quick check of online reviews, I decided to try it out for myself while my wife attended to a business dinner that evening.

A crowd had formed outside when I arrived (around 7) and I quickly discovered that one simply added themselves to the waiting list attached to the sign outdoors. As a single, my wait was brief - 10 or 15 minutes. I was seated at the end of a community table. There was a bustle inside, but I was attended to promptly.

The menu is extensive and intriguing and I only wish I had time for several more meals here. Alas, this was the only chance I'd get. Having done some pre-dinner research, I selected a green papaya salad, the crying tiger entree, and a coconut mango sticky rice dessert. I also ordered a local beer to wash it all down with. The salad had great crunch and a fascinating sweet and sour dressing that was very appealing. The crying tiger was a good savory dish, even though I probably could have use a little more heat. The dessert was a heavenly marriage between the ripe mango fruit and the sweet coconut milk surrounding it - and I am not a dessert guy. Fortunately, I had enough leftovers for my wife to try each of these items the next day.

All in all, Chat Thai is blessed with great food and excellent value for the money. It's housed in a smart space with a welcoming atmosphere and a courteous, efficient wait staff. I only wish I had more time (or a bigger stomach) to enjoy all that this little gem has to offer.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

This is one of the best Thai restaurants around the CBD of Sydney. The food was very authentic, all the dishes were nicely prepared and served in generous portions. It was very clean and the restaurant itself was very well decorated.

The only downside would be that it was in a mall so the atmosphere wasnt that great. but apart from that, I would recommend this place!

Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

Highly recommend the Seafood Tom Yam, mango sticky rice etc.
The price reasonable, went there twice during our 8 nights stay in Sydney .

Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

I got known the restaurant via a friend's suggestion who used to live in Sydney. The boss, whose Thai restaurant im working part time for in Melbourne also highly recommended. I knew it would be busy but still was astounded by the queue of costumers in front of the restaurant albeit its already 8 o'clock that night. But the wait didn't deter but making us more curious about why people were so patient on it. And it's totally worth, the staff was nice and lovely, the food was absolutely yummy and unforgettably tasty and lastly, the prices were so reasonable. Two of us had three courses including starters and dessert and it costed us $77, plus $3 each for corkage. A must-do if u visit Sydney!