“Yum!”
Review of Chat Thai

Chat Thai
Ranked #56 of 5,997 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I have been to this place several times and I am never disappointed.

Great traditional thai food at reasonable prices. The only gripe I have is that it is ALWAYS busy and usually have to wait at least 30 minutes for a table. It gets very noisy in the restaurant but it is cosy at the same time.

There are newer reviews for Chat Thai

Reviewed October 31, 2012

I went to the outlet on the 6th floor of the Westfield centre on Pitt Street. I was the first person in for lunch at 11:45am but the restaurant was full 15 minutes later.
Service was a little uncoordinated. Had to ask twice for my drink and it came about midway through my meal.
I order the stir fried pork belly with chilli paste and asian greens. I have a very spicy palate so I asked for extra spicy. Still wasn't spicy enough for me at all but it was a good effort. It is incredibly rare for any restaurant to serve food as hot as I like it so I can't complain.
The food is not as sweet as a lot of Thai restaurants in Australia. I find Thai food in most places too sweet, but this was okay. The pork belly was yummy.
Great place if you are in the city, there are a few outlets to choose from. Gets busy though.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Best Thai Food in Sydney city. Highly recommend the lemon-grass fried fish as this is really special and I cannot find it in other Thai restaurants!

Service is good and pretty fast, but there are always queues, and minimum waiting time is half-hour during dinner.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Superb Thai food, very reasonable prices. Kitchen by the front window offers great views of food prep while you're waiting for a table.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

I wanted some good take-away and the hotel staff recommended Chat Thai. The restaurant person helped me make a good choice and specified less spicy for me. Price was $9.90. Although when I later ate the food it was still a bit too spicy. The next day I went to repeat my meal and found that because it was afer 6 PM the price went from 9.90 to 14.00 for the same meal. I said NO and went to Pho Pasteur 2 blocks away and found it to be excellent too.