Open today: 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM

from $220.85
More Info
from $482.42
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 17, 2018

I had a hard time looking for a wine shop. I am staying at the Rocks area and wanted some wine for when I get back to my hotel to try. I went to another shop close to Ash Street and the choices there were mostly above AUD100 per bottle and it seems they target foreign wine from Italy and France. Their Australian wine was more expensive than foreign wine. Glad I found this place finally after a week in Sydney as am now being introduced to great Australian Wine by a helpful gentlemen. I do not get this. This is Australia, a wine producing country. And it seems getting an Australian wine is harder and more expensive most times compared to Italian and French wine be it in a shop or a restaurant.

Date of experience: August 2018
1  Thank 837warrent
Zachary P, Manager at Australian Wine Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2018

Warren,

Thank you for taking the time to review us - it is greatly appreciated, and I am glad that you enjoyed your selection of wines from us. You are correct about the state of Aussie wine in Sydney. While there are some great independent retailers and restaurants which focus on Australian wines, many have an exhaustive collection of foreign wines. As a city, we seem to have never supported our wine industry the way that Melbourne, Perth or Adelaide do. But I am glad you found us and that we were able to help you. I look forward to seeing you again when you're next in town!

Many thanks,
Australian Wine Centre

Reviewed November 8, 2017 via mobile

The store had a great selection of wine and a small selection of cigars. I was looking to purchase a few cigars for my stay and the staff was very friendly and helpful.

Date of experience: October 2017
Reviewed September 3, 2017 via mobile

By pure luck, we found the Australian Wine Centre yesterday and spent an invaluable half hour there with Zach. Not only did we leave with two excellent new wines to try, but he gave us great information for our week ahead in Barossa and McLaren Vale. Fabulous resource for both wine and information. Thanks Zach!

Date of experience: September 2017
2  Thank UmbriaGirl
Zachary P, Manager at Australian Wine Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2017

Hi there! Thanks for coming in to the store and thank you for your kind review - I'm thrilled you enjoyed your visit! I hope that you enjoyed the Barossa and McLaren wine while you were there, and I hope to see you when you're next in town.

Kind regards,
Zachary Phillips

Reviewed March 29, 2017

Michael Upfold runs this tight little shop with the customer in mind. Helpful, knowledgeable and instructive. He asked me to describe the wine I was looking for and he came up with several selections that would qualify. He was so convincing that I reorganized my suitcase to carry two examples home. Now I am stuck with shipping by the case but even that still leaves the overall pricing less than in the US. Thanks Michael!

Date of experience: March 2017
1  Thank TomLaw
Reviewed January 26, 2017

Location is great - in the city centre, close to all attractions. The shop is a bit expensive but the staff has a great knowledge about wines and spirits.

Date of experience: December 2016
Zachary P, Manager at Australian Wine Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2017

BeaBi,

Thanks for your visit, and for your review. We hope you enjoyed your wine and hope to see you again soon!

Many thanks,