Tripadvisor

Ranked #67 of 402 Quick Bites in Sydney
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The Metropole Cafe was the perfect spot to grab some sandwiches before traveling. They have a large selection of choices and tons of baked goods.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (83)

Reviewed December 6, 2019

QUEEN VICTORIA CENTER: We went to Cafe Metropole for coffee and snacks at around lunch time on a busy Friday. Metropole was packed but we could quickly place our order at the counter, paid and delivery to the table of two excellent Capuchinos was fast. Our delicious Sandwich freshly made with toasted dark bread took a little longer.

Any time again.

Highly recommended!

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed November 6, 2019

I was looking for a large bag of full bean coffee to bring home. There were so many cafes and it was hard to choose one. I was about to purchase at a cafe a few kiosks down from the Metropole Cafe and I am glad I did not. The coffee that I brought home from Metropole Cafe was amazingly delicious, smooth, and inviting. It comes in a black bag. Hats off to a delicious coffee at a good price. Their price was AUD35.90 where other places were AUD45.00. I'm coming from Hawaii but I will remember this place and get another bag when I am back there.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed November 4, 2019 via mobile

We stopped off to have a bit of lunch whilst in the centre and were lucky enough to grab a table. We both had the beef pie and a chai latte which were so good. It got really busy and there were a few people waiting for a table.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed October 22, 2019 via mobile

Love stopping here if a table is free for a coffee and muffin . Good coffee and today the muffin was below average (. Very small ) Asked could they warm the muffin , no problem so I waited and waited , finished my coffee still no muffin . Walked to the counter and asked what happened to it .... the waitresses looked at me strangely and looked around to see it sitting on the counter. They brought it over straight away but it was cold again . Oh well who wants a warm muffin anyway ..

Date of visit: October 2019