New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Fish Face - CLOSED

Fish Face
Cuisines: Seafood, Japanese, Australian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Neighborhood: Darlinghurst
Wellington, New Zealand
“Ticked every box”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

Went to Fishface on Friday night. Had the most beautiful meal. Not often that entrees, mains and dessert all measure up. It isn't cheap but is worth it. We sat at the bench with the window open which was great. Also the staff were really friendly and the meals came out at the right times. Good wine suggestion too. Thanks for our best dining experience in Sydney. Do make the effort to go there. Its worth it.7

• Visited May 2013

Kiama, Australia
“annoyed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

Went in late saturday without having checked the prices and were shocked when we saw the prices but my wife and I hadn't seen each other for 2 weeks as she had just picked me up at the airport and we had just checked into our hotel (medusa very funky) 50 metres away.......
anyway, wanted to have a big whinge because the mains were so expensive..... but the food was fantastic, my wife and I thought it was the best fish we had tasted in a long time
and so now we're annoyed because we can't whinge about how expensive it was as it was worth every cent

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank paul d
Sammo50
“Last meal request...ocean trout petunia”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

This is some of the best and freshest seafood in Sydney. You can get anything from the Sashimi or ocean trout petunia to fish and chips. Great attentive friendly service. A small wine list but it is also BYO!!! This has to be one of my favorite meals in Sydney and our go to restaurant.

• Visited May 2013
Los Angeles
“Delightful Food and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

It's a cute little place (just a few tables and a counter by the window) but the food and service are fantastic! Our waitress was wonderful with suggestions and wine pairing. Had a very casual neighborhood feel. We felt like regulars even though it was our first time there and from 7000 miles away.

• Visited January 2013
London
“Memorable taste”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

We found it through a recommendation in The Guardian. We expected a fish 'n' chip shop but it was so much better than that. Small, unfussy, friendly staff and the food was remarkable. I had Balmain Bugs which were fresh, tender, juicy and so beautifully flavoured. My companions both had the omelette with seafood and both raved about it. For dessert I tried the quince upside down cake and my mouth just came alive with the caramel with the odd flake of salt, which was so wonderful (I'm not a pudding person but I'd go back even just for that!). Not cheap, but then nothing in Sydney is. This is an excellent restaurant.

Visited April 2013