“Great cheap Guiness”

Ranked #3,043 of 7,515 Restaurants in Sydney
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed May 21, 2017

First went on a Tuesday night. There was a live band, followed by a quiz and bingo!! Good fun and won a $20 voucher. Returned on Friday night, very lively and crowded. Good live band but atmosphere a little lary!!

Date of visit: May 2017

Reviewed May 4, 2017

We were so excited to go to Scruffys after hearing all the hype, but were so disappointed when we went. It was absolutely rammed, we got in at 11.20, went straight to the bar and got served at 11.58 - I know the exact times because we ordered a shot of tequila each and got refused because of the no shot rule after midnight. After getting his phone out my boyfriend showed the barmaid the time yet she still refused, he got annoyed as we'd been waiting for nearly 40 minutes by the time we got served (bear in mind a group of people had come in after us, had gotten served, gone for a dance and a smoke and come back and we still hadn't been served) and she then threatened to kick him out for being too drunk! The irony was we hadn't touched a drink in over an hour from leaving the house to getting there because we couldn't get served!!

There's a difference between being annoyed and being drunk. The barmaid was clearly on a power trip and we left straight after having it ruined our night.

Date of visit: April 2017
3  Thank Cathy I
Reviewed April 11, 2017

It seems like just another Irish pub. But it's not. Once inside you feel the friendliness, from the bar staff to the patrons. The bar prices are more than reasonable and they always have special jug prices for both beer and cider. Their food is really great, at great prices. I am a cealiac and always tell the chef, and I know I can trust them to look after me, that means the world to me. One of the best pubs in Sydney.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed March 13, 2017 via mobile

Was in this pub for food a drink, I honestly think prison food or animal feed would be better, the male toilet was horrendous, pee, toilet roll everywhere nd all locks on cubicles busted. Overall the bar downstairs reeked of stale beer and vomit!! Worst experience iv had in any pub in my life

Date of visit: March 2017
4  Thank Ronan K
Reviewed February 8, 2017

We went to have drinks at Scruffy Murphy in Sydney back in December and it was not a good time. Server was fine for the few minutes we were there, we were seated at a sticky table, there were some rowdy clients in the place who felt they had to yell everything to everyone, TA won’t let me say what happened but we left quickly before we even got our first drinks. Scruffy’s was alright when we were here previously but this current experience means we won’t return.

Date of visit: December 2016