“yummy curry early beers”
Review of scruffy murphy

scruffy murphy
Ranked #4,140 of 5,939 Restaurants in Sydney
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
“yummy curry early beers”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

amazing Irish mc donnells curry , Irish staff beers with breakfast :) call there every day for food, love it

Visited November 2012
Scruffy M, Manager at scruffy murphy, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thanks for the review. Hope to see you next time you are in Sydney.
Cheers!

• Korean first
Ireland
“avoid if you want service.”
Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

arrived in for food. Waitress complained about taking the order, refused initially to take order from the entire group of us. Then brought out food claiming medium steaks. We ordered one rare and she disagreed and wanted to argue her point. She threw the plate onto the table and stormed off. Then came back with receipts, threw them down and claimed she was right even when her own order disagreed. We said it was fine. We asked for cutlery, told to get it ourselves. She then came back and complained we took too much cutlery. Worst service we have seen in Australia by a long shot . Dont go there.

Scruffy M, Manager at scruffy murphy, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to submit a review. Whilst we like the idea of ‘fast food’ throwing plates down isn’t our usual style. Looks like we missed the mark on this one, hope you’ll come back and use all the cutlery you’d like next time.
“Prepare to be told what you are having for dinner!”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Arrived at what I thought was a nice looking place for food and a pint and the service was shocking to say the least. Firstly we were told to hurry up or we won't get food then after ordering a rare steak I was presented with a medium steak. As i proceeded to inform her what i ordered, the waitress looked at the plate confused and told me that was what I ordered and threw the plate on the table in front of me. When asked for some cutlery I was told to help myself and she directed me to the cutlery, a few minutes had passed when she came back to the table to ask us why we had used so much cutlery? So after being told what I was having for dinner, then having my food thrown on the table and questioned for using extra cutlery I would not recommend this place to anyone. The prices are cheap but there is only so much cheap food will do.

Sorry we dropped the ball on your visit – we hope you’ll give us another try.
Panoramix da Cagliari
“Nice place, pretty good beers!”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Scruffy Murphy's Hotel is located in the heart of Sydney's CBD. It is central to Chinatown, Darling Harbour, the Entertainment centre, the movie theatres, paddy's market and Townhall and Central railway stations.
I went at Scruffy Murphy's Hotel during my ten weeks stay in Sydney.
It is a typical Irish pub, food and beers were pretty good.

• Visited February 2012
Scruffy M, Owner at scruffy murphy, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Thanks for the review, glad you enjoyed your visit with us and hope to see you again soon.
Sydney, Australia
“Great if you are looking for quick and cheap food and drinks”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We were looking for a fast, cheap eat before a show at The Capitol Theatre around the corner. As we climbed the stairs to the Bistro my husband reminded me that this place is one of the roughest pubs in the city. Blackboard specials included vegetarian, pasta, soup d'jour, chicken, fish and steak for just $6.95! So two meals and a $10 jug of beer set us back a mere $23.90 - bargain! The food was good for the price and the service was prompt. The atmosphere was fine as long as you accept you're in a pretty seedy inner city pub. We didn't have the steak but it seemed to be very popular and everyone appeared to be happy with their meals. Not too sure I'd like to hang around til late but I'd certainly go again in similar circumstances.

• Visited September 2012