“This is one of my favuorit restaurants in Sydney”

The Boathouse on Blackwattle Bay
Ranked #191 of 5,944 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Glebe
Sydney, Australia
“This is one of my favuorit restaurants in Sydney”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

This is one of my favourite restaurants in Sydney. I've been there many times over the past 5 years and yes I'm guilty of almost always ordering the famous "fish pie" but everything I've ever had in this place was consistently excellent, I like their wine selection too! The serves, the atmosphere of understated elegancy the view - ... it's all just perfect. It is tucked a way and you do need to make an effort to get there but it's so worth it! If you want a wonderful full prove dining experience in Sydney look no further. The only tip is if you know you are going to go their, call ahead and ask for the table by the window. I also like go their for early diner so I can watch a sunset.

• Visited June 2014

“Great night out”
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

Went to the Boathouse recently with friends and had a great night out. Although our booking was at 9pm we arrived early and after ordering a cocktail we were taken to our table right beside the water. The food was high quality. Shared a crab and a couple of other dishes for entree. My friends and I all had fish dishes for main and my husband had the steak. All were of high quality and delicious as was dessert but probably not at the calibre of the three hatted restaurants around town although the prices were very similar. Overall a great night...

Visited May 2014
“Devine!”
Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

We attended boathouse at blackwattle bay last night and through enjoyed the whole night!
The food was simply amazing. We highly recommend the snapper pie ( as does everybody!) but it really does live upto expectations!! I'm not normally a fan of fish pie but after this I'm converted!
The service was impeccable. We got a table right by the window and had a fabulous view of the city skyline.
We will definitely be back!

• Visited May 2014
Canberra, Australia
“Cobia triumph”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

My partner and I celebrated our tenth anniversary over lunch last month. Weather was excellent and the table had a beautiful view - and such is the excellent interior design that it would be quite difficult not to get a good view! The oyster menu is quite extensive and made an excellent start to the meal. I don't like to use superlatives so let's just say that i highly recommend the miso glazed cobia starter - I had never even heard of cobia before and it is treated with great respect in this dish. The pan-fried garfish was simply prepared and very good. The mahi-mahi didn't impress as much. Desserts may be the weak link at The Boathouse - neither the black fig nor the cannoli matched up to the rest of the meal. But the interesting white wine list, consistently good service - and of course the cobia - made this a really enjoyable experience.

• Visited April 2014
“Fish and chips! Here we come...”
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

We had a good laugh with the lovely waitress about our fish and chips order for our romantic dinner. The view on Sydney is gorgeous, great staff, lovely fish.
Unfortunately we found the place very noisy (due to poor accoustic) and I would discourage the order of chips - too big and we actually burned our mouth due to extreme temperature... Never had this happen to me before.
But would highly recommend the bread :-)

Visited May 2014