“Yum yum”

Neighborhood: Central Business District
Sydney
“Yum yum”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Managed to avoid the usual long queues after waiting for so long to try this place. Food was so yummy. We tried Rotty canai and rice with Kari Ayam and Kari Ikan and their gravy was so thick and yummy, just how we like it. I am sure I will go there again for sure.
Place itself is a bit small but was ok since the food was great. Now, please go and try! Service was super fast.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Perth, Australia
“Highly recommended from a Malaysian”
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

I can't agree with those who didn't like it.
It is near impossible to get 100% identical taste to Malaysia's food due to ingredients (unfortunately our customs and climate doesn't permit freshly grown or abundant of Asian ingrd) and let's not start with comparison of prices... OMG we are NOT in Msia so don't compare to Ringit pls.

Food was one of the best, price for Syd is pretty good, ambiance can be abit noisy but makes it more exciting (and Chinatown).

Would recommend anyone to come. Avoid peak time is my recommendation OR come in 2s only. You'll see all couples are pushed through first.

Zurich, Switzerland
“Awesome Malaysian food”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

This place is extremely popular. Now we know why: extremely good malaysian food for a relatively low price. Sadly I don't live in Sydney to come here more often. To avoid queues come around 1pm - worked perfect for us!

1 Thank Momo Z
Washington DC
“Wonderful meal.. great value.. worth the wait”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I had passed Mamak several years ago on another visit to Sydney but the idea of waiting outside in a line didn't appeal, however, on an evening with time to spare I thought it worth the wait. I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't that long... the line moves quickly and the show of watching the staff prepare the roti was great entertainment.
The food was delightful. The spices were more than I was familiar with in terms of combinations and use. A selection of items from the menu offered a varied but excellent selection of Malaysian foods, and the roti is well worth the visit alone. Mains are varied and substantial.. all at an excellent price. Added to that that the corkage fee for wine was $2 per person..
I was not rushed... the service was polite and friendly.. it was an excellent meal and lovely dining experience.

Visited February 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Taste sensation”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

My husband and daughter and I went to Mamak Golburn Street for lunch on Friday Feb 15th. It was sensational. We shared a the lamb curry, spicy prawns, a nasi goreng and the satay sticks. The peanut sauce on the chicken sticks was like nothing I've ever tasted. Absolutely delicious, I wanted to take what was left in the bowl home. But of course I didn't. I would highly recommend this resturant and will back as soon as I can get there. Please open one in the southern suburbs of Sydney.