“Unpretentious and real pasta”
Review of Il Baretto

Il Baretto
Reserve with
Il Baretto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,097 of 5,856 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Surry Hills
Singapore
“Unpretentious and real pasta”
Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

I want great pasta - checked. I want affordable food - checked. I want great atmosphere - checked. Omg, what are you waiting for??

London, United Kingdom
“How a restaurant should be - loved”
Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

My mum and I walked to Surry Hills from the city centre and were delighted we made the effort to seek out this neighbourhood family run restaurant.
At first we were sat at the back which was a bit dark and hot so asked to move and ended up with the best seats in the house across from the bar/kitchen where we could see every dish being cooked in an incredible display of culinary wizardry. I ordered gnocchi and asked if they made the pesto themselves. 'Yes, we make everything ourselves' was the response from the friendly and super efficient waitress. One of a well looked after team.
Both my gnocchi and my mum's lasagne were spot on and as good as I have had in Italy. We got lucky in that the restaurant was closing for Christmas so everyone in the restaurant got a free dessert. Sums up though the management of the place. We could even see the pot washers laughing.

Sydney, Australia
“Suck up that spaghetti!”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

A delightful little corner restaurant - simple, succinct, not pretentious, great food and affordable - how rare is that?!!
Other 'restaurants' in Sydney need to learn from this place.
Stumbled into this restaurant mid-week to find it packed. I love a short and simple menu - $14 for a bowl of pasta is almost unheard of in Sydney - and to have a mouthful of (I presume) mama's home made authentic goodness must make this one of the best Italian places around.
Caring, attentive staff, attitude-free... it feels like you're a member of the family and part of the village.

• Visited December 2012
Sydney, Australia
“Genuine, hearty Italian food.”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

What a great little restaurant. This is the second time I have been, the last was about 2 years ago and the prices are still very reasonable. One hat restaurant and voted best BYO restaurant, for good reason. Very enjoyable dinner and service.

• Visited November 2012
Australia
“Great Italian food not pretentious very good BYO”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

This is the second time I have come with my best friend to have dinner.Great atmosphere , good service, unpretentious food.Food is fresh and tasty as it should be .Would highly recommend not far from CBD , if you are tourist od for business in Sydney love good Italian Food do not miss this good suburbuban restaurant

• Visited July 2012