“Double check your online bookings!!!!!!”
Review of Danks Street Depot - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Danks Street Depot
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Inner South
Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

I booked brunch with friends at Danks Street for the Australia Day holiday at 9:30am using Dimmi, when we got there at 9:30 the place was closed, so I rang and was informed that they won't be open until 10, I told the lady that I had a booking for 9:30 that I had made online and her response was "I haven't seen any bookings for this morning, I guess I should put the computer on and check on that". When we came back 30 mins later there was no apology! But it is Sydney and when in Sydney you need to become accustomed to their lack of care of causing inconvenience or disappointment.
Now to the food! The coffee was ordinary, which really disappointed me as I had loved it when I've been previously. The must have dish is the bacon hash side! With poached eggs it is heaven! Jarred was cooking the day I went so that was a treat!

1  Thank Viv_Mak

Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

I thoroughly enjoyed my experience at Danks st Depot. Our breakfast was amazing; I had the slowed cooked broccoli and my brother had the ham hock. I'm not sure why people have said the eggs were too rich, I found them to be full of flavour, while the truffle oil completed the dish perfectly. If wonderful flavours are not what you're looking for then perhaps a McDonald's breakfast best suits.

1  Thank ArcddRr
Reviewed January 16, 2013

This was our first time at Dank Street Depot in a few years, and it will almost certainly be our last.

We love exploring Sydney's weekend breakfast scene, but unfortunately this was one of the worst experiences we've had!

In s nutshell, this place charges exibortent prices for VERY poor quality food! The eggs may have been "biodynamic", but what good is that if the chef doesn't know how to cook them!

Whilst the wait staff were efficient, they weren't hospitable or welcoming in any way.

Dank Street Depot was the first place in a long time to make us wish we had stayed at home for brekky!

2  Thank TheRoamingBrit
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Very short menu with hardly and gluten free options - also poor understanding of gluten contamination - was served food with bread on top so had to send back bc of the crumb contamination (I'm coeliac) - I still ended up sick

2  Thank AussiePen
Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

Came here with friends for a brunch before leaving Sydney. We were greeted by a friendly and efficient waitress. Coffees were good here, some fancy patterns on top of my flat white. Was looking forward to a good last meal in Sydney and on paper and in appearance the food ticked the boxes, unfortunately taste failed to deliver. My creamed eggs were really too rich, especially with the truffle oil, which left me with a full and fatty feeling...not good before a flight. Pretty pricey given what it was, and having come to Sydney airport, I see they have an airport branch here...avoid heavy foods before a flight!!

2  Thank G_Frizz