“Incredible coffee. Incredible muffins.”

Single O Surry Hills
Ranked #6 of 311 Coffee & Tea in Sydney
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Surry Hills
Description: We are a Sydney-based roaster and have a cafe in Surry Hills that some lovely folks have gone so far as to call 'legendary'. Our coffee is responsibly sourced and for the most part responsibly consumed. We are driven. Which could have something to do with the amount of coffee we consume. We aim to inspire coffee passion and exploration, to raise the bar and have customers who don't mind that we're a touch nuts. Our quality standards are uncompromising. For all our joking around, we take the coffee, food and service seriously.
Reviewed May 19, 2012

Best coffee we had on our trip through Australia. Originally tried to go on a Sunday morning and found it was closed. Tried Toast across the street that day which was also good. Came back the next day and enjoyed two delicious coffees as well as one of their large muffins. Best muffin either of us had ever had by a long shot. Cooked food we saw being served to other patrons looked delicious as well. Prices are a little higher but not more than you'd expect for an upscale coffee place.

1  Thank Gordon C

Reviewed May 16, 2012

This place has character, always busy, delicious food and their espresso's are strong, rich and smooth...only for the serious espresso drinker.

I have a couple of blogs that might be of interest. The first is about cafes I recommend in Aus and NZ (with a few in San Fran, NY and Vancouver); www.espresso-jono.blogspot.co.nz .and the second is favourite cafes in Melbourne, all visited by bike; http://spottedatespressomelbourne.wordpress.com/

Reviewed January 29, 2012

I work just up the street from Single Origin, and having heard about their coffee I thought I'd give it a try.

Sorry to say it but I've found it a bit hit and miss. Some days the coffee is great, others not so much.

Worth a visit though.

1  Thank SujoyP
Reviewed January 13, 2012

Single origin is an institution. It's busy all day every day because of the exceptional coffee, energetic, friendly staff and funky but real design. I also like the food but object to $4 for a coffee in reservoir st. But then when u r that busy I guess why not!

Reviewed January 3, 2012

Best coffee in Sydney, period. A place like this makes me jealous that there isn't half as strong a coffee culture back in Chicago.

The siphon coffee was very good, and so were the lamingtons. Yup, we popped our lamingtons cherry at Single Origins Roasters. The cake was delicious with the perfect texture. This place has all the cool vibe and I just wished I could hang out there all the time.