“Delightful Laksa”

Cuisines: Chinese, Malaysian
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed June 6, 2019 via mobile

My wife and I are on holiday and we decided to pop in for lunch. The line for food was out the door but moving quickly, so we decided to brave the masses. I estimated approx 100 people dining in while we were there and another 150 in line waiting, so it was a safe assumption that the food was good. It only took us 10 mins to get to the counter and another 5 for the food to be ready. Absolutely outstanding food! I had the beef Laksa and my wife had the chicken. Both were amazing. Will certainly be recommending for a lunch spot!

Date of visit: June 2019

Reviewed June 4, 2019 via mobile

The laksa had a very rich flavour in the broth (could still have been spicier and I hope that isn’t connected to the sign they put up complaining about chilli prices) and the ingredients seemed much better quality than I’ve been seeing in other recommended laksa places - like wonderfully tender chicken that soaked up the broth. Note I also got some takeaway rendang that turned out pretty bland so my review is on the basis on the laksa alone.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed June 2, 2019

Brilliant bowl of seafood laksa consumed by 11am (as soon as they start serving customers). Otherwise this place is packed with customers at busy lunch hours each day. Have been enjoying laksa from this place for many years. An opportunity to revisit Sydney CBD and it was on my bucket list to eat seafood laksa and the flavour is still the same 20+ years ago. I still recognised familiar faces from the people running the family business. So good.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed April 9, 2019

Best Laksa ever! we had to wait in line for a while but that only made it more special. Great laksa extra chili always welcomed

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed March 19, 2019

I've been here numerous times lunch during the workday. Their Laksa is the gold standard. Rich, flavourful and well rounded. Their curries are good too, authentic. Serving sizes are generous. The Hainan Chicken is rather good, though there are better places for that, but that's not what you're here for. Good value.

Date of visit: December 2018