“I love this place” 4 of 5 bubbles

Neighborhood: Central Business District
katoomba
“I love this place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

I think Fujiya was closed for a while? Anyway, when last in Sydney I was looking for somewhere to eat and was delighted to find it open again. When I'm travelling, I tend to crave healthy light food as I quickly tire of the usual rich or fried restaurant meals. This place always satifies. It has a good selection for vegetarians and lots of healthy choices. An extensive menu, with friendly service and the price it right. I also like the little bamboo lined cubby holes with sunken seating. This is the first time I could not have my meal with hot sake (I had my toddler with me) but you should.

Visited January 2013

Sydney, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Scam. Ripped off. NEVER GO THERE/BACK AGAIN”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

Arrived at 6.30pm. Waitress got us a table at the corner of the restaurant really tiny spot and we have to squeeze ourselves through for seats when there were heaps of empty tables available - wouldn't get full house even within an hour. 1 point noted - not happy.

Notified waitress that we have a movie to catch at 7.30pm so food needs to be out half an hour before at least. She said she will let the kitchen know about it so we went ahead and made our order. My friend ordered seafood soba and I went for a salmon hotpot with ramen. Waited for 10minutes for the seafood soba. 45minutes for the salmon hotpot!! 2 poinst noted - not happy.

when salmon hotpot arrived (15mins left before movie starts), then realised that it's uncoooked. waitres have to turn on the pot to cook the ingredients in there - so why would it take 45minutes to prepare?!?!? far out!! Realised that soup was very very little in there. Asked for soup refill and waitress forgot about it. And noticed that all the ingredients in the pot are just cabages and two pieces of tofu. nothing else but 5 slices of very very thing salmon. 3 points noted - not happy.

went to counter and paid it. realised that my hotpot was more expensive than my friend's seafood soba when she got heaps of prawns and calamris than my pot. they even charged me an extra $3.50 for having ramen with the hotpot when it was such a small portion. 4 points noted - not happy.

had to finish my hotpot within 10minutes (including having to wait for it to be cooked). 5 points noted - definitely worst restaurant in Sydney.

NEVER GO BACK AGAIN. I'LL MAKE SURE EVERYONE IN SYDNEY KNOWS ABOUT HOW BAD THIS RESTAURANT IS.

• Visited November 2012
Singapore, Singapore
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 3,327 helpful votes
“Do not go!! worst ever and waste of money!!! Got cheated!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

I was charged $14.50 for a salmon hotpot that i waited for 45 minutes and the hotpot came out with a few cabbages and only a few slices of salmon. We were not sure why it took so long to cook since it was a hotpot. The hotpot was so small and tiny.

My friend ordered a seafood noodle but it only had 2 prawns and it cost $12. We felt like we were being conned and cheated by the restaurant.

This is that kind of restaurant that you will feel unhappy with their service, quality of food, value and food standard. We will never ever go back and we want the world out there to know that this restaurant is not worth going.

Tripadvisors subscribers, do not go. Trust me! Read all my previous reviews and you will know that i am a valuable tripadvisors who gives fair reviews but this restaurant is just too horrible with their service and food portion. Trust me do not even bother going!

Please click 'yes' if you think my review is helpful.

• Visited November 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Awful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

This has to be the worst service in Sydney. For such a key location it's a shame that the management and staff of this place cannot provide even the most basic of service. The food is good, but be prepared for a comedy of errors and appalling, appalling inefficient and dysfunctional service.

1 Thank kevinpng
Shoalhaven, Australia
“Not as good as it used to be. Very Poor Service Now”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

This used to be our favorite Japanese restaurant in Sydney. However there is NEVE enough staff, waiting time to make an order is poor, and the food usually arrives cold and on no particular order. There are now many much better places to eat japanese food nearby. I do not recommend eating here.

• Visited May 2012