“Good food but too expensive ”
Review of Tetsuya's

Tetsuya's
Ranked #11 of 6,032 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Description: Tetsuya's serves a ten course degustation menu. The degustation is unique, based on the Japanese philosophy of using natural seasonal flavours, enhanced by classic French technique and utilising the freshest possible ingredients. Tetsuya designed his own on-site "test kitchen" within the restaurant to enable him to create the constantly evolving and inspiring dishes on which he has built his esteemed international reputation. Tetsuya's offers one of Sydney's most comprehensive wine lists and our sommeliers will, upon request, match the dishes with wine available by the glass.
Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

I believe that it it too expensive for the food that they serve to you ! I do not advice that place. Never in my life! It is a nice place where to waste your money! A lot of money!

6  Thank Frankie_cains

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Some may say otherwise but Tetsuya's is most definitely worth the visit! For starters, how often do you have the chance to experience a Franco-Japanese cuisine housed in a typical Japanese-styled outlet? Although fine dining, service was extremely friendly. Our budget was low by Tetsuya usual standards: This did not put us on the 'lower rungs of the ladder'; in fact service was absolutely immaculate with a designated table advisor who perfectly understood our limitations and gave us a tremendous experience. The food and wine list were both wonderful and the general enjoyment well worth the effort. The 'House' pinot started where others finish and the flight menu was superb. Understandably rated, year in year out, as one of the best restaurants in the world.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

My wife and I have wanted to go here for a long time. It was great! The food was outstanding, the service excellent. And Tetsuya came around to chat with all the guests after lunch.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

The evening started on arrival by being greeted at the door by three staff. Nice touch.

Almost immediately it became obvious that this is something special. No expense spared in the fit out and the design was such that a quite large building is still very intimate.

The waiter introduced herself and over the evening managed that very friendly but professional manner that makes such a difference. The. The menu was explained and the first course arrived. Superb.

What started as a ten course degustation, with wine turned into 12 of the most divine dishes I have ever tasted. The wine was more than enough and I had to take smaller sips as they were quick to refill the glass even if it got close to empty. Everything was timed perfectly and the wine matched every dish. Over the evening we had sake, two whites, two reds, two desert wines (I think) and it was topped of with a 30 year old sherry that was a perfect match to a chocolate cake that had about 5 mini layers.

Tetsuya's is not cheap but so worth whatever is spent on what can only be described as heaven on a plate.

1  Thank Oztraveller64
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I was taken to this restaurant as a birthday treat.
I expected to be underwhelmed thinking that it would be an anticlimax because of its reputation.
I was pleasantly surprised.We had a special evening .The food was excellent and the service both professional and friendly.
It won't be our last visit