“Still lives up to the hype”
Review of Tetsuya's

Tetsuya's
Ranked #16 of 6,527 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Description: Tetsuya's serves a ten course degustation menu. The degustation is unique, based on the Japanese philosophy of using natural seasonal flavours, enhanced by classic French technique and utilising the freshest possible ingredients. Tetsuya designed his own on-site "test kitchen" within the restaurant to enable him to create the constantly evolving and inspiring dishes on which he has built his esteemed international reputation. Tetsuya's offers one of Sydney's most comprehensive wine lists and our sommeliers will, upon request, match the dishes with wine available by the glass.
Reviewed April 8, 2013

One of those restaurants where you may need to explain to your friends the different between cost, and value for money. Expensive? Yes. Worth it? Yes, and then some.

1  Thank CanberraLad
Write a ReviewReviews (1,217)

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Excellent, excellent cuisine, each course matched with complementary wines. A great place to relax with you friends and family and to spend your whole night with good food, good wine and good company.

1  Thank Sarakit C
Reviewed April 7, 2013

for our wedding anniversary, I took my wife to this restaurant. We had the degustation dinner with matching wines. And it was divine. However, as it was our wedding anniversary, we skipped the aperitif and I ordered a bottle of Louis Roederer Cristal as we do every year. Then all I can recall was a mammoth marathon of incredible food (I do remember the signature dish of the salmon) served with a different wine with each course and thinking I will never survive the evening. Anyway, we did. The service was attentive, efficient and precise. This is a once in a life time experience, and may be I will be back for another anniversary if I am in Sydney at the time

1  Thank Allabout2015
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Went here as a celebration for a special occasion - it was a wonderful night. The standout courses were the seafood ones and dessert. Service was professional and friendly. We are big eaters (!) and both had more than enough by the end of the menu - each dish is actually quite large considering how many you get!

1  Thank Brrts
Reviewed April 2, 2013

There is no doubt that the food is good.
The portions are small.
Although this is a favorite of the cognescenti , I can take it or leave it.

1  Thank uPelican