“Perfection”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Description: Tetsuya's serves a ten course degustation menu. The degustation is unique, based on the Japanese philosophy of using natural seasonal flavours, enhanced by classic French technique and utilising the freshest possible ingredients. Tetsuya designed his own on-site "test kitchen" within the restaurant to enable him to create the constantly evolving and inspiring dishes on which he has built his esteemed international reputation. Tetsuya's offers one of Sydney's most comprehensive wine lists and our sommeliers will, upon request, match the dishes with wine available by the glass.
Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

There is nothing one can say against Tetsuya's except, perhaps, that it spoils you for all future dining out experiences. The food is prepared beautifully, presented well and served professionally. The degustation is an experience everyone should try once in their lifetime.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Food was fresh, well prepared and presented. Good service, not stuffy. But for the price (we had the matching wines)- I expected more.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

This has been on our list of restaurants for some time. So I had high expectations. The service was exceptional and everything was explained in detail. The service was so good, I was pretty much escorted to the bathroom by a staff member who was passing by me. So they went out of their way to ensure I was headed in the right direction.

What topped the meal off for me was the wine matching. Yes it was extra but well worth it. Every wine was amazing.

Being a degustation the size of each plate was small but you have to remember there are 12 dishes. I have to admit, by the time the lamb came out I was hanging to get stuck in to a big piece. So was a little disappointed with all the fish that the lamb was tiny.

Not being a massive fish fan, I was prepared to give anything a go at Tetsuya's And I did enjoy almost every dish. I wasn't such a fan of the fishy custard. But the seafood salad was amazing.

All the food was so fresh and amazing flavours. I did think it was all a little over simplified for my taste. For the cost I kind of expected to be wowed by presentation at every turn. It was a little too simple for me.

This was an 'experience' meal so I was expecting to pay a lot. For that price I dont think we'll be back in a hurry though

It was missing some soft music and for the type of food I thought the bread was a little out of place. But there was plenty of room and the way they set out the tables was great because it was kept intimate to each table

Reviewed February 6, 2013

This is a must do . I have waited a long time to go here and I wasn't disappointed . Every aspect is top class but comfortable and relaxed. Staff are just extraordinary and the food just wonderful. I will go again once I save up the money.

1  Thank NoelineAnn
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Can only really mirror many of the other reviews, stunning food, service and location. Standouts are the fact that they could put more tables in the dining room, and maximise returns by jamming in a few more tables, but the way they do it, allowing generous separation makes you feel as if it is only your table in the restaurant. The wine options are also very well thought out; there is the standard wine option but with further options available within the list. Very clever, you can have the standard option, or for a bit more money, take the premium option, your choice. The knowledge of all wait staff is of the highest level. Expensive? Yes. Worth it? Absolutely.